Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bent Axle

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    Warranties aren't supposed to actually work, or cover anything. It is a sales gimmick to give you a warm fuzzy feeling to purchase their product.
    Every warranty I've ever tried to use has been a complete hassle, or complete bullshit.
    These companies are smart. Their algorithms are even more intelligent. And they are designed for 1 reason and 1 reason only.
    That reason is not for the consumer..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I completely agree with the hassle part of any warranty. My biggest gripe is with the way the RV industry seemingly differs from others. Dexter won't honor their 5 year warranty to the second owner while still in that time period. In contrast, if I were to sell my year old TV, any remaining warranty balance is automatically transferred to the new owner. Dexter has known issues with their axles and neither them or Grand Design is willing to stand behind their products to the second owner. I purchased an extended warranty which I normally don't do, but at least it will take some of the sting out of this repair.
    Joe & Ronda
    Port St Lucie, Florida

2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2018 Ford F150 Supercrew 5.0L 3:55
    Equal-i-zer 10k WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeRL61 View Post
    I completely agree with the hassle part of any warranty. My biggest gripe is with the way the RV industry seemingly differs from others. Dexter won't honor their 5 year warranty to the second owner while still in that time period. In contrast, if I were to sell my year old TV, any remaining warranty balance is automatically transferred to the new owner. Dexter has known issues with their axles and neither them or Grand Design is willing to stand behind their products to the second owner. I purchased an extended warranty which I normally don't do, but at least it will take some of the sting out of this repair.
    Because they are gimmicks. They are meant to be sold, not used.
    My home warranty is the same thing, the extended warranty on my ram, I cancelled.
    Just went through a warranty on a power steering cap on our 2018 wrangler JL, just to show the lady what "warranty" means. It means argument until 1 side caves. That's the definition of warranty.
    Smell something burning driving down the road, pull over ps cap went missing. Drive 3 miles to dealer. Met with exact rhetoric I knew we would. She said well ps caps dont just come off (blame) no warranty coverage without original part. (Copout)
    I said well, if I had the original cap we wouldn't be here now would we? You are welcome to trace from the point of the smell until here and find your cap.
    Sir, the cap is $26, just buy a new one. It's not a big deal.
    I paid already my $26 TWICE. Once in the form of $52k, and 2nd in the form of $3800 for the 8yr extended warranty. Am not paying another dime.
    I ask why she wants the argument? I am clearly a fiat customer. I have a ram that I purchased from that dealer, and we now have a wrangler. Her response, that wrangler was a dave smith purchase, not ours.
    Incredible!
    I said well, I have 2 of your brand vehicles. Where you want the 3rd to come from, you or dave smith. And where do you want service done, you or autonation. Let's not get to this point of bickering.
    Long story even shorter. I got the cap, as well as an oil change and a tire rotation.
    All I wanted was the cap..

My refrigerator, today actually. $3500 LG. Dont ya know exactly 90 days to the day out of warranty. Compressor dies and takes out the condenser and both evaporators. Oh, such a bummer. That algorithm was just about on the head for their 1 year parts and labor guarantee. BUT, if you want to spend $250, theyll sell you another warranty, because their product is a pile of ******** so you can prepay for your repairs [emoji12] what a deal!

They are covering parts. But I get the deed of the $500 labor bill.

A warranty is only a fuzzy feeling in your stomach to sign on that line and get you out the door feeling like someone has your back. Meanwhile the finance guys are laughing at you as you walk.
    And when you are 2nd hand, they tell you to pack it, so you'll come back and start the party with them again! With a "warranty"
    What a cycle eh. And they only cover things tjwor algorithm knows wont fail, or are very, very, unlikely to do so.

Ny suspension components lost a $38 piece on my triple axle centering device. Grand design said, ah. That's a 1 year warranty part. I said what's the 3 year structural? Axle not structure? Nope. Plus you're second class, adios!
    Lippert completely had my back and the guys were great. Overnighted not one, but 2 just incase to the rv park I was headed to. On the house. I didnt know the cost of what was needed. But to me, grand design sure did. And if it were $38 my cost, their cost is probably 25 or less. As a businessman I sure see a great opportunity to hit a home run and provide rockstar service, while keeping hush hush what it really cost. Because $25 is very low customer acquisition, or retention. It would have been a no problem from me!
    Sure would have gone a long way on the grand design forum eh..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Winter in Sparks Nevada,Summer we travel all over.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 reflection travel trailer and I am facing the same issue. I was driving the last leg of my trip when I noticed that when I looked at the right-hand mirror I could see the ****** end of my rig. I have been living in the trailer and have an inspection and appointment for the end of Feb. I will (assume) BENT axle, however; there is a bit of hope for a shackle or U-bolt. I am going to be switching tire brands soon as all work is completed. Any suggestions on type/brands I should look at?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12