User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have been happy just having the next step up axles myself and not cheaped out on the 5200# ones they put on it . What’s the use the use of all these purty cabinets if we can’t hardly put anything in them?
    All the techy stuff I would rather do myself anyway since what a manufacturer is going to put in will most likely suck when it did work as intended. If a thermostat won’t work right if the cover is on, can’t believe anything more complex would be any better!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I have the One Control app on my Nexus 6P and yes, I can control the awning with that. The part that interests me more than just being able to run the awning is the auto retract feature of that system that can bring the awning in during a wind event. I'm pretty good about not taking any chances with the awnings, but if it were on the trailer from the factory, it would certainly be nice. After looking at the price to buy the equipment, it's probably just not worth it.....I'll just continue to bring the awning in on my own.
    The wind feature is on the surface seems like a great feature. However, it's not a 100% fail safe. I read up on this a while back because it seems like a great feature, but there are a lot of complaints about it, and they're on the opposite ends of things, meaning, either a gentle breeze causes it to retract (ok better safe than sorry) or a sudden gusts comes up and it's too late to retract.

I think if you're concerned about wind, these are a safer bet:

https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/c...q=2&pp=24&sst=
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm right there with you. My Keystone had all that so when we took delivery on the 395M we just assumed, without having looked for all those features when we were shopping, that it would be rigged with all those bells and whistles too. I'm glad you posted about it though, as I need to read the book now and see if I want to add those modules. Doing it from inside at the panel is awkward to say the least on these. You can't even see the awnings from the rocker switch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emessmer1 View Post
    I'm right there with you. My Keystone had all that so when we took delivery on the 395M we just assumed, without having looked for all those features when we were shopping, that it would be rigged with all those bells and whistles too. I'm glad you posted about it though, as I need to read the book now and see if I want to add those modules. Doing it from inside at the panel is awkward to say the least on these. You can't even see the awnings from the rocker switch.
    Use the app on your phone or tablet or both. You don't have to go inside.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do on mine.... Until I add the modules.... One of mine is on the phone ON-COMMAND app, but the other 3 are not... And the other 3 are blind to me from inside. It's almost a 2-person job to roll them out proper. I looked up that module though... I like the wind sensor aspect of it. We sat and watched the guy next to us in a big TH have his awning nearly ripped of last year b/c he left it out when the wind picked up. We never leave ours out if we're not right there, but not having to be as concerned if we're on the other end of the campground or something would be nice. I'm always a bit extra paranoid about those things.... Pretty sure I drive my wife nuts by rolling them in at about 10mph breezes in FL :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12