User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our couch is peeling!

We have a 2015 328M Toy Hauler. We've used it maybe 15 times. This year while at the Daytona 500 we noticed all three chairs were peeling(see pics below). Keep in mind our coach is stored inside year round and we take extremely good care of her. We always put her away clean and ready to go on our next adventure.

I'm not really interested in what or how this happened but more importantly how to get these fixed/replaced considering it's now out of warranty. I do have the extended warranty but I really feel this is a design flaw and should have been designed to last much longer than using this 15 times. There's only two of us and our weiner dog can't even get on the couch.

Your thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7914.jpg   IMG_7915.jpg   IMG_7916.jpg  

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechiel View Post
    We have a 2015 328M Toy Hauler. We've used it maybe 15 times. This year while at the Daytona 500 we noticed all three chairs were peeling(see pics below). Keep in mind our coach is stored inside year round and we take extremely good care of her. We always put her away clean and ready to go on our next adventure.

I'm not really interested in what or how this happened but more importantly how to get these fixed/replaced considering it's now out of warranty. I do have the extended warranty but I really feel this is a design flaw and should have been designed to last much longer than using this 15 times. There's only two of us and our weiner dog can't even get on the couch.

Your thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Mechiel - This is a common problem on 2015 vintage products. How the RV was used or stored, seems to make very little difference.
    GDRV and the furniture supplier LCI, have offered a range of assistance on this over the years, but you would have to contact one or the other or both directly, to plead your case. This Owners Forum has no direct connection to either manufacturer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like Rob states, this is a well known problem. Lippert will typically offer a discount on replacement furniture if you call their customer service line. However, even the discounted price is a little higher than I'd prefer to pay.

Lippert Customer Service - 574-537-8900

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Like Rob states, this is a well known problem. Lippert will typically offer a discount on replacement furniture if you call their customer service line. However, even the discounted price is a little higher than I'd prefer to pay.

Lippert Customer Service - 574-537-8900

Jim
    We had LCI look at our peeling (unappealing) furniture last Aug at the Rally and the best they'd do was 20% discount on new. Not interested.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were at the Elkhart Rally last August, we stopped by the RecPro distribution center to look at their RV furniture. In my estimation, a little better quality than LCI and at a significantly better price. https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/ We ended up going with LCI current production replacements because GDRV made us a better offer than the LCI replacement offer, but without this the RecPro was better quality and a better price than head-to-head with the LCI discount referenced by Jim & Tom.

It is interesting that , although the LCI (Thomas Payne) replacements have additional features(lights/heat/massage) . . . most of these features have failed (in less than 9 months), so we just leave the chairs unplugged.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is terrible of a 'warranty' for 4 year old furniture at that! My parents had couches from the 80's that looked better than those
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    When we were at the Elkhart Rally last August, we stopped by the RecPro distribution center to look at their RV furniture. In my estimation, a little better quality than LCI and at a significantly better price. https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/ We ended up going with LCI current production replacements because GDRV made us a better offer than the LCI replacement offer, but without this the RecPro was better quality and a better price than head-to-head with the LCI discount referenced by Jim & Tom.

It is interesting that , although the LCI (Thomas Payne) replacements have additional features(lights/heat/massage) . . . most of these features have failed (in less than 9 months), so we just leave the chairs unplugged.

Rob
    Rob,
    In the distant past, we purchased a sofa for our living room that was of the same ilk. We vowed, never again. We picked out mission style furniture to purchase from a reputable dealer in PA, but in the meantime, we needed a couple of recliners to replace a set of 30 year old lazy boys that just deserved to retire. I found a couple of Sealy (yes, the mattress brand) recliners at Walmart (online) for less than $400 ea. I expected them to last just long enough to get our furniture ordered, picked up and installed, but they surprised the bejeebers out of me! Not only were they comfortable, but the surfaces never faded, cracked, peeled, or otherwise showed any damage. They were easily carried, once unboxed, as they come (like lazy boy, back and base separate). They had heat and massage, which we didn’t really care about, but it never failed. Who would’ve thought?
    N
    PS I think, in two pieces, they’d fit through the door of our RVs (no room for them in our small trailer, or we’d have put them there!).
    Last edited by Houndbb; 05-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2016 303rls has the same problem. Ours is kept in side a barn and out of direct sunlight except when we are using it. I contacted Lippert and they made me the 20% off offer . I wouldn't waste my money on another Lippert piece of furniture. We are currently shopping for replacements too.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2016 (made in June-2015) 385TH has the same issue. All 4 of the sofa parts peeled badly starting in early 2018/late 2017. I'm sure the photos we have on our site look much like yours. We ended up getting rid of two pieces as the flaking was really bad and we had a toddler in the house.

We live in it full-time, and were not surprised, as we knew others encountered the same, but we were disappointed. It seems to last just through the warranty period. We don't consider replacing it with the same stuff that will last another 3 years to be a wise use of our funds. If Lippert would admit to a problem and make improvements to the materials they use, it might have been.

The massage failed on one side. It wasn't much, but if my back was bothering me just a little it would help. I have a massage unit from Sharper Image that we got on a sale that really works. It's MUCH stronger and has heat that you can feel. The lights were a nice feature, but not really necessary.

We are looking for replacements too, and strongly considering RecPro. We want to take our time and see if there is anything better.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same issue !!!!! If anyone out there finds quality replacements at a reasonable price, please advise.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast