User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,
    Gene posted a link a while back to this meter (so of course I had to have one ) I just got it late last week so I haven't had much time to play with it but it looks like it will do the job and at a good price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what you have said I would run far far away from that campground. Or at the very least unplug and run off of batteries. Its clear their maintenance guy knows nothing about electricity, and there is something very wrong with that power post.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Steve, I did a quick estimation of the current that the devices you list as being on and came up with about 55-56 amp. You didn't list the Converter, which was probably on and if at full charge mode, could be pulling approx 5-6 amps.....which would put you in the 60-62 amps of current draw when you total L1 and L2. Again, this was an estimation because I do not know exactly what each one of those devices are pulling.....but it seems very close to what the EMS was indicating was happening. That being the case, the 30A breaker at the pedestal should certainly have tripped.

And as a secondary "problem" the guy that has been working on the Electrical stuff at the park (I refuse to call him an Electrician....HE'S NOT) is certainly NOT capable of doing any Electrical work, especially when you stated that he tried to use the Amp Clamp around the entire 6/4 cord instead of the individual wires ...L1 and then L2. Be very careful of allowing him near your stuff.....he is most likely a hazard to both himself and to others around him. Is there any possibility you can move to a different spot? There is still something very wrong with a situation where a 30A breaker is not tripping with that amount of current running through it.
    I agree. I’ll be checking the post outlet tomorrow with the clamp one wire to see if it matches, but I’m sure it will. Trying to figure out why the heck the circuit breaker doesn’t trip. Moving sites is not something I want to do, as this is a very desirable spot. If I don’t show up for a season the spot will also be gone. Thanks for the information. I’ll post anything new I learn.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Based on what you have said I would run far far away from that campground. Or at the very least unplug and run off of batteries. Its clear their maintenance guy knows nothing about electricity, and there is something very wrong with that power post.
    Yeah, but what? What would cause the circuit breaker not to break when past limits?
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Gene posted a link a while back to this meter (so of course I had to have one ) I just got it late last week so I haven't had much time to play with it but it looks like it will do the job and at a good price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,
    Kevin
    Thanks Kevin. That looks like a good choice. Some others are very expensive.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Yeah, but what? What would cause the circuit breaker not to break when past limits?
    If I had to guess I would say the outlet you are plugged into is not protected by the circuit breaker he was looking at and changed. Either its protected further upstream or the breaker is bypassed somewhere. Hard to say without being there, but given the loads you listed I am inclined to believe the amp reading you are seeing in the EMS. I would not trust another site either, I would seriously get as far away from there as possible, or not plug in. At best you are at risk of melting your 30 amp adapter.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your power go on/of when you flip this breaker? Breakers usually flip early when they are failing . . . they don’t stay on to higher current . I assume that if the voltage was dropping low, your EMS would have indicated this?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Does your power go on/of when you flip this breaker?

Rob
    Best test that I can think of for checking this out. If the power doesn't go off, it's not coming through that breaker.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Does your power go on/of when you flip this breaker? Breakers usually flip early when they are failing . . . they don’t stay on to higher current . I assume that if the voltage was dropping low, your EMS would have indicated this?

Rob
    Rob, The power does go on and off when the breaker is flipped, so the power is going through that.

I don’t know if this means anything, but when I first plugged in when we got here, the EMS gave me an error code for “Reverse Polarity”. The plug was changed and the code went away. I had to leave for a few days and returned to a prior code message of “low voltage”, indicating that the EMS had shut everything down at least once. This has occurred before at different parks on occasion. We haven’t had any electrical problems during use and our electricity has not been interrupted.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, The power does go on and off when the breaker is flipped, so the power is going through that.

I don’t know if this means anything, but when I first plugged in when we got here, the EMS gave me an error code for “Reverse Polarity”. The plug was changed and the code went away. I had to leave for a few days and returned to a prior code message of “low voltage”, indicating that the EMS had shut everything down at least once. This has occurred before at different parks on occasion. We haven’t had any electrical problems during use and our electricity has not been interrupted.
    I've been following this out of curiosity, but that statement got me thinking. Is it possible to have reverse polarity at the breaker? If the breaker is wired backwards, and he just switched the wires at the plug, then the breaker could still be wired backwards. I'm not an electrician by any stretch, but I do work with 12V breakers. It is very important that these breakers are wired in the correct direction or they may not trip properly. Just wondering if the same is true for AC breakers.

John

Edited. Maybe I didn't think that through... That would mean the reverse polarity would have to be upstream, and the breaker would be wired to the neutral side and not the hot side? Maybe I should leave this to the electricians and bow out...
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 05-22-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast