User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slide stopped part way in

I was bringing in the bedroom slide on my 2015 Reflection 337RLS and it suddenly stopped on the way in.
    The LED lights on the controller indicate that Motor #2 has a short between the controller and the motor.

Where do I start troubleshooting this wiring problem?
    Where do the wires run?
    How do you get at them?

Pointers would be most helpful.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the rubber seal(inside), you should be able to locate what looks like Television COAX cable. The cable runs from the motor(also hidden about 2/3 the way up on the interior of slideout) and runs down thru the floor. It's possible the wire has broken off the connector on the motor. The slide has two motors(one on each side of the slideout). There are several youtube videos that show how to override the switch to get your slideout back in. Your controller is located in the basement area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGL4aILZYcY
    Last edited by minnow101; 05-29-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    If you look at the rubber seal(inside), you should be able to locate what looks like Television COAX cable. The cable runs from the motor(also hidden about 2/3 the way up on the interior of slideout) and runs down thru the floor. It's possible the wire has broken off the connector on the motor. The slide has two motors(one on each side of the slideout). There are several youtube videos that show how to override the switch to get your slideout back in. Your controller is located in the basement area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGL4aILZYcY
    It is cloudy and rainy as usual today but the RV Gods were shinning on me.

Thanks to your excellent troubleshooting tips, I found the motor wires inside the bedroom and sure enough the aft (rear) motor had simply come unplugged.
    Double checked cable routing, plugged it back in, cycled it a couple times and were are back in business.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Love this forum, Mike
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the wires break loose from their soldered attachment on the motor three times. The motors used in 2015 had no strain relief and simply fatigued from vibration/movement. The newer motors have a proper plug-in attachment that fixed this problem. The first place I would look is at the motors where the wires attach. With the slide 1/2 way out, it is easy to get to the set screw from the outside that retains the motor and remove the motor from the inside. After purchasing a new motor (cheaper from Amazon than from Lippert) and seeing the change, I took the damaged ones to a local electronics tech and had him re-solder and add a strain relief. I carry two as spares.
    I realize this does not fix your immediate problem, but I have never been able to successfully over-ride the controller with the wires broken. I wish you luck.

Safe TravelsJim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"