User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tried to upgrade the two shocks. Didn't work, so we use a 1x2 with a small block screwed to the underside of the bed plywood frame to keep the 1x2 from sliding away.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 4' 3/4" dowell rod from Lowes, cut it to the proper length, put rubber cane tips on each end and use it as a prop rod. I store it under the bed. Works great.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a piece of 1 1/4" schedule 40 PVC pipe about 36" long. May need 1 1/2" if bed is real heavy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shocks under our bed are so strong, the mattress barely holds it down. Just lifting the corner of the mattress when changing the sheets causes the plywood to lift up.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used my hiking stick that I keep in the closet to use. It works outstanding since you can adjust it to any size and has rubber tip and handle and works great for hiking too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gas struts are really easy to replace. I switched out the two 80s that came with my king mattress for 200s and the matress stays up easy.

Qty (2) 10mm Steel Claw End Lift... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N65M3QY...p_mob_ap_share

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone thought of making a sliding panel door for compartment under bed ,use for unused storage only .Build support for bed frame,actually put ikea slat tip up bed frame much better then mattress on flat panel board.🤔🐴

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a Purple Hybrid 3, and lifting is impractical with it. So I'm in the midst of a mod where I'm adding two, long pull-out drawers to use the space instead. Just waiting on the drawer fronts, which are standard cabinet doors from our 3350RL's kitchen, from GD to complete the mod. Required a little bit of reframing because the floor of the under bed storage is just a thin sheet of paneling so I needed better mounting for the drawer slides. The front of the under bed compartment in our model is already framed with a center support as I found peeling off the paneling skin. I just added some metal brackets to increase its stiffness and boxed the drawer openings in.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my Class A I did it this way. Mount a closet pole socket (the full circle one of the pair) on the underside of the bottom of the plywood near the front edge. Cut an piece of 1" heavy duty PVC pipe to fit. Use head to support the plywood until you get the PVC in place. Step back. PVC pipe easy to store underneath.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a select comfort bed, I don't have an issue with the factory struts. That said, if you're using a heavy residential mattress, I'd consider adding an automotive hood strut, or maybe an old minivan hatch strut.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12