User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts/comments/replies. The GD 376TH/374TH are nice, but they're not a toy hauler in the truest sense in that the garage space is limited. What I've been looking for is a toy hauler that has a traditional garage (10' minimum) and full width/height. Additionally, and I think this is where the rub comes in, my ideal TH would have a living/cooking area that was similar in design layout as a 337RLS. Just about every traditional TH floor plan I've seen - even the Luxe 48FB - has the TV entertainment center at an odd viewing angle - i.e. the "theater seats" are not directly across from the TV. And it seems as though most manufacturers sacrifice the living/entertainment square footage for garage square footage. Additionally, even though the 376/374 TH's have an awesome front entertainment area, the trade off is a kinda cramped kitchen IMHO. I'm sure there's a floor plan out there that has what I'm looking for - just haven't found it.

Tom
    Your concern about the living area was ours exactly. Our 380TH, which GD no longer makes, has been perfect for our full-time lifestyle and with a more livable living area . We looked at literally hundreds of TH’s for a year before finding it. I’m sure there’s something out there - Good luck in your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take your time finding exactly what you want. Floor plan is the most important thing when considering full time living.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the important part - finding the floorplan that works for your needs. We live in a 2016 385TH. The bedroom arrangement was perfect for us with a newborn. The garage is a very flexible space when not fully loaded. GD thought through a lot of little things, like making the fuel station fully enclosed. Yes, there are trade-offs.

The TV location is terrible, although not as bad as previous years of the same model. The TV was originally mounted on a fixed pole that allowed a minimal amount of pivot to improve the viewing angle.

I had spoken with Bill Fenech and Nate Goldenberg about the TV and a few other items while at an RV show. They were considering some changes, and implemented those after we sat down and looked at it. One of those was mounting the TV on an arm that gave a much greater range of adjustment. We later found an arm that added even more adjustment without risking breaking the wall where it is mounted. Don't be afraid to make your own changes.

Whatever you buy, you will have problems. At least GD is willing to make things right. That made them the right choice for us at the time.

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West "By God" Virginia.......I found it!!!!!! And here it is: https://horizonsrv.com/toyhauler/45-majestic-m45ty4s/

I don't even wanna know what the price is.

But the floor plan is exactly what I had in my head. I'm pretty sure I can afford it after my left kidney sells on eBay. LMAO....

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    West "By God" Virginia.......I found it!!!!!! And here it is: https://horizonsrv.com/toyhauler/45-majestic-m45ty4s/

I don't even wanna know what the price is.

But the floor plan is exactly what I had in my head. I'm pretty sure I can afford it after my left kidney sells on eBay. LMAO....

Tom
    I'd put my somewhat modified 388 up against that any day.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the options they list are standard on GD Toy Haulers. Looking at their floor plan, where is the washer/dryer prep? It's lacking a little detail, and only has a 10' garage. Depending on your toy(s), that may be an issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why toy hauler? What are you planning on hauling? Toy haulers weigh more than conventional trailers. If you don’t need to haul anything, it would open up your floorplan options.

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    Why toy hauler? What are you planning on hauling? Toy haulers weigh more than conventional trailers. If you don’t need to haul anything, it would open up your floorplan options.
    The idea behind this mental exercise is that a toy hauler would allow me to take one (or more) of my motorcycles with me on a full time travel around these here United States. It would be my base of operations so-to-speak. Park it, ride off to parts unknown, and come back. Additionally, I'd have enough room for tools and such for RV, truck, and/or motorcycle repairs & maintenance. So a 10' garage would not necessarily be an issue. But I like the layout/room of my 337RLS. I can dream can't I??

And not to get anyone's you-know-what in a bunch, but if you research the build quality of a New Horizons, you'd think twice about a comparison. Their electrical wiring/rigging rivals high-end boat manufacturers. Listen, I'm a GD fan-boy. However, manufacturing costs of a product are sometimes measured in the pennies. If you think GD is giving you a bunch of amenities outta the goodness of their heart....well, think again. The cost of those included doo-dads is off-set by some other cost reduction some where. I only have to point out those soft plastic hoses and the use of fittings that are not specific to those hoses. And there's several areas of GD's interior cabinetry that is veneered and not stained wood. The island cabinet comes to mind.

Anyhow......I'm not knocking GD in the least. At their price point, they're the best in the industry IMHO. I like my 337RLS and would buy it again in a heart beat. However, one really can't compare a mass production anything to a custom built anything.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that! I was only providing alternatives. RVs are like boats, “one size does not fit all!” Stick to what you’re looking for, I’ve found when you sacrifice anything, however slight it seems, can loom large once you’re living in it! Good luck!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2016 380TH Momentum with the 10 ft garage. The 2 doors and real garage were nice. Sitting in the living room in the love seat, with the TV straight ahead was nice. Lots and lots of storage. Maybe more then the 374TH-R that we have now. The living room in the Solitude is very nice. Loading the bike in the Momentum was a bit spooky because of the steepness of the ramp. Loading into the 374 is simple. The garage is smaller for sure, and it's not a mud room.

Good luck with your search.
    We looked at the Riverstone with the under bedroom garage. It's nice, but the extra counter space took needed storage. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12