User Tag List

Thread: Table cracked

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Table cracked

We recently purchased a 2017 Reflection 337RLS. At some point yesterday, the table cracked right down what seems to be where the boards were joined. Has anyone else had this issue? What was the fix?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get some wood glue in the crack then clamp it back up, the crack will be stronger than the rest of the table.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    If you can get some wood glue in the crack then clamp it back up, the crack will be stronger than the rest of the table.
    I pulled the table top to try to glue it as suggested. The split is almost dead center and both side have crowned almost 1/4" making gluing a challenge. I managed to get enough glue and clamp pressure to get the sides to join, but I doubt that it will last. A little disappointed with the craftsmanship on the table top. While I had it off I discovered that it has quite a few new cracks just getting started in both the table top and the base. I am looking into a cultured marble veneer product that may be a better solution in the long run. I am hesitant to buy another table top if the same thing will happen in another two years.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHarper View Post
    I pulled the table top to try to glue it as suggested. The split is almost dead center and both side have crowned almost 1/4" making gluing a challenge. I managed to get enough glue and clamp pressure to get the sides to join, but I doubt that it will last. A little disappointed with the craftsmanship on the table top. While I had it off I discovered that it has quite a few new cracks just getting started in both the table top and the base. I am looking into a cultured marble veneer product that may be a better solution in the long run. I am hesitant to buy another table top if the same thing will happen in another two years.
    That's very frustrating. The marble could be a nice touch. Good luck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHarper View Post
    You might try running the table top through the crack on a table saw, then make another pass on each half, taking just a curf’s width or width that is needed to eliminate the crack completely (cracks usually aren’t straight). You can then rejoin the two pieces using dowels or biscuits. Alternatively, you might ask a local woodworker to make up a new table top, choosing a more stable wood that is resistant to humidity and temperature extremes.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L