User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Issues: Fridge and Furnace won’t switch from gas to electric

Just got setup for Memorial Day weekend and got an issue I cannot figure out:
    - Fridge and Water Heater work on gas but not on shore power
    - I found only one GFCI in the bathroom (Imagine 3170BH)...not tripped. Reset it anyway.
    - No circuit breakers popped.
    - 15 Amp fuse looks good and tried switching it out.

After all that..both still only run on gas.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks!
    Max V

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only stating the obvious, is the refrigerator set to auto, is the water heater electric switch turned on and the gas turned off?

Len

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your water heater is at temperature it will not come on for the electric, same with fridge. If you set the fridge to auto it should automatically switch to electric when plugged into shore power. You can turn off the gas at the tank. The water heater you need to turn off the switch for gas and turn on the switch for electric, run some hot water until there is cold water in the tank and it should come on for the electric side.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Len,
    - Fridge is set to auto
    - Water heater switch is set to electric, not gas
    Max

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Normally when the fridge was in auto position we did not have issues from it switching from gas to electric When plugging into shore power. The switch on the wall for the water heater is on for electric and not on for gas. We are going to attempt to just turn off the gas and see if that forces Booth to use electric. Thank you for your response.

Max

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max

Is your fridge and hot water tank close to each other?
    They could be on the same circuit , they should not be , but possible. Maybe try to reset the breakers and see if that helps.
    Behind the outside louvered cover for the fridge you will see where the plug is for electric , this may be a GFI receptacle , also check the water heater if you can.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Turned off the gas at the tanks and burned off the remaining gas in the system via the burner.

Turned off the fridge, then back on. In auto the fridge goes to gas not to electric.

Max

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian! Eureka...that was it. There is a GFCI plug behind the louvered panel. Never knew it. Thank you so much for your help. Shout out to Len as well for his quick response. Thank you gentlemen. I’m about ready to deploy to the Middle East for one year and this is the one time my family and I will be able to use our RV before I leave. You’ve saved Memorial Day weekend.

Sincerely,
    Max

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvollkommer View Post
    Brian! Eureka...that was it. There is a GFCI plug behind the louvered panel. Never knew it. Thank you so much for your help. Shout out to Len as well for his quick response. Thank you gentlemen. I’m about ready to deploy to the Middle East for one year and this is the one time my family and I will be able to use our RV before I leave. You’ve saved Memorial Day weekend.

Sincerely,
    Max
    Glad we could help. Enjoy the weekend with the family. Thanks for your service and be safe.

Brian