User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little more info. Mine has two stacked receptacles on front wall 6” from curb side wall , 3’ from floor. I looked in the front storage , above the propane tank , and in the basement. I see no 120 wiring going to that area. Hard to imagine they ran it up and thru ceiling, but it isn’t exposed in ours. Don’t know what you can do with this info , but thought i would report anyway.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    A little more info. Mine has two stacked receptacles on front wall 6” from curb side wall , 3’ from floor. I looked in the front storage , above the propane tank , and in the basement. I see no 120 wiring going to that area. Hard to imagine they ran it up and thru ceiling, but it isn’t exposed in ours. Don’t know what you can do with this info , but thought i would report anyway.
    Charlie
    Thanks for checking, Charlie. I'll add what I've learned. I'm adding a sub-panel to my main distribution panel, so I had the distribution panel pulled out this past weekend:

The two 20A washer/dryer breakers are wired with 12/2 Romex that is bundled with the AC1 and AC2 wires. The whole bundle of 4 wires runs from the back of the panel straight up (presumably to the ceiling).

I'm wondering if I drop the bedroom AC cover, maybe I'll see the washer/dryer Romex wires in a channel. Anyone have any ideas on tracing these wires?

Thanks.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Charlie
    Just occurred to me I might cut an exploratory hole in the front wall. Since this location is in a closet, the hole wouldn't be hard to patch. . .
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd guess the wires are run thru the ceiling joists on the outer sides of the air conditioning ducts as they go to the bedroom and front closet.
    Couple of Agpopp's photos on a Reflection show some of the wiring up in the ceiling.

A wire locator might be needed to find the missing romex
    Something like https://www.amazon.com/F02-Undergrou.../dp/B01GDZLZOU
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Just occurred to me I might cut an exploratory hole in the front wall. Since this location is in a closet, the hole wouldn't be hard to patch. . .
    Sounds like a good next step. There will have to be a couple of receptacles installed any way.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm depressed again about GD quality control. I'm starting to believe they haven't any. No longer something I can ignore or not admit. They simply are not building a reliable product.
    My sincere apologies to Grand Design about their quality control. This is very embarrassing: We *do* have washer/dryer outlets, and they work fine. I was looking for outlets in the vicinity of the plumbing outlets, but they were installed above the second shelf in the closet. Makes sense. When you install a washer/dryer, you'll need to remove the closet shelves. And the washer/dryer will be stacked: you have to be able to reach the plug.

Duh.

I over-reacted. So sorry.

Anyway, GD believed me when I claimed the outlets were missing (they were hard-pressed to believe that could be the case, but they accepted my claim), and they allowed me to schedule a warranty repair to install the "missing" receptacles (even though my warranty is now expired!). I didn't have to haggle at all; they just authorized the service work. As I was emptying the closet shelves in advance of the repair work, I saw the outlets on the wall at the end of the second shelf closet. Kudos to the way Grand Design provides customer satisfaction.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    Something to think about when installing your sub panel and inverter: in our 2019 310gk, all bedroom outlets are tied into the washer/dryer circuit.[emoji15]. As we don’t have or want the washer and dryer, I had not moved the associated breakers to the sub panel/inverter side of things. Argh! I have yet to spend the time to move them over to get the outlets inverted...
    Cheers!
    Holger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gengiant View Post
    Steve,
    In our 2019 310gk, all bedroom outlets are tied into the washer/dryer circuit.[emoji15].
    Holger
    Interesting. In our 2018 310GK, the washer and dryer outlets each had a dedicated 20 amp breaker/circuit. The rest of the bedroom outlets were on the circuit/breaker labeled Inverter2 (which I think is for the residential refer in 310GK-R.) So I didn't have problems inverting the bedroom outlets when I installed the sub-panel, because I moved the Inverter2 circuit to the sub-panel (and re-labeled it).

If your bedroom outlets were on the washer/dryer circuits, I hope the wires to those outlets are 12 gauge -- if they are 14 gauge, that would be a code violation and safety hazard. Even the outlets would need to be rated for 20 amps. . . At least that's my understanding.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. In our 2018 310GK, the washer and dryer outlets each had a dedicated 20 amp breaker/circuit. The rest of the bedroom outlets were on the circuit/breaker labeled Inverter2 (which I think is for the residential refer in 310GK-R.) So I didn't have problems inverting the bedroom outlets when I installed the sub-panel, because I moved the Inverter2 circuit to the sub-panel (and re-labeled it).

If your bedroom outlets were on the washer/dryer circuits, I hope the wires to those outlets are 12 gauge -- if they are 14 gauge, that would be a code violation and safety hazard. Even the outlets would need to be rated for 20 amps. . . At least that's my understanding.

-Steve
    Our tv and radio outlets where tied in with the RV fridge circuit. I didn’t want the fridge to be inverted, so had to separate those circuits also. I just didn’t realize the bedroom issue until my wife wanted to use her 110V reading light while boon docking.

I used to be amazed at all the shortcuts RV manufacturers take in building their product. Now, I take that for granted. A real shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gengiant View Post
    Our tv and radio outlets where tied in with the RV fridge circuit. I didn’t want the fridge to be inverted, so had to separate those circuits also.
    I had the same issue with multiple unrelated loads being on the refer circuit. I moved that circuit to my inverted sub-panel and ran a dedicated 15 amp circuit from the main panel into the slide out for the refer.

For that dedicated refer-circuit, I got good advice on from @gbkims about how to go from 14/2 Romex-solid to flexible SO, and how to handle the moving slide out.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    Somerset, WI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12