User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been traveling and living full time in our Solitude 375RES for nearly a year now with our three yellow labs. They weigh in at about 80 pounds each and are great travelers. I wouldn’t ever tow with the dogs in the trailer. It’s just too risky for the dogs and may be illegal in some states. Ours ride in the truck with us.
    Last edited by steve83814; 05-31-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Steve & Patty
    2017 RAM 6.7L Diesel
    2018 375RES
    One Fantastic Wife and Three Lazy Dogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traveled with 2 75 lb Germain Shorthairs, a 50 lb Springer and a 9 lb mini daschu d with 3 kids in a crew cab. They all fo

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure glad you asked the group. A little disappointed you were thinking about it...
    Tim & Sue..with pups Iris and Sam
    2019 Solitude 375RES; 2019 Ford F350 XLT Dually; B&W Companion 25K Hitch
    Previously camped with a 1993 26' Dutchman TT and 2007 Trailmanor 2720SL
    Retiring in 1.5+ years
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...pic22370_7.gif http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCVAsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely not a good idea!! We travel with three big dogs in the back seat of a crew cab Silverado. My suggestion would be put one child on one side and one in the middle, get a piece of plywood and cut to fit on the remaining part of the seat so it fits from the back of the rear seat and up against the back of the front seat. Attach 2 legs to the floor so it doesn’t tip and put a dog bed on it. Everyone will fit fine. Happy kids and the dog can still get air from vents or open window.
    I did this for my whole back seat to give my 3 dogs space. Works perfect and was cheap money.
    Good luck and safe travels
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We are taking delivery of a Solitude in a week or so. We have a large dog (85 pound Golden Retriever. We have a crew cab pickup, but two kids are already in the second row. Does anyone have their dog ride in the 5th Wheel while underway? How do they do?

We have an Imagine by Grand Design, 28’. We solved the problem of transporting 3 LARGE dogs using a camper shell, bed rug, a 3” full size mattress topper and replaced the window in our truck with a slider. The dogs loved our trip to Ventura. A little pricey but worth the investment.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacymcakers2 View Post
    We have an Imagine by Grand Design, 28’. We solved the problem of transporting 3 LARGE dogs using a camper shell, bed rug, a 3” full size mattress topper and replaced the window in our truck with a slider. The dogs loved our trip to Ventura. A little pricey but worth the investment.
    I've seen hunter's do the same thing with their hunting dog's. Have a cap with sliding windows to leave open for air and the dogs then ride in the bed of the truck.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel with dogs

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We are taking delivery of a Solitude in a week or so. We have a large dog (85 pound Golden Retriever. We have a crew cab pickup, but two kids are already in the second row. Does anyone have their dog ride in the 5th Wheel while underway? How do they do?
    We have two 40 lb Portuguese Water Dogs that travel with us in the back seat of our truck. We harness them in and they are kept very comfy temp wise and we know they are safe. It is the best way for you pets to travel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OP states that he has a crew cab pickup. Most crew cabs have a 60/40 folding rear seat. Use the 60 section to seat the kids, and fold up the 40 section to have a place for the dog to ride.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Sorry but putting your animal in a bouncing, noisy, tight, potentially hot environment where you can't monitor their needs is a terrible idea. I wouldn't put my dog anywhere I wouldn't put my kids. Let the kids and the dog suffer through sharing the back seat and stop often for breaks.
    my thoughts as well....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123