User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black tank valve - diagrams?

I have a 2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE that started leaking at the black tank valve (through the foam). I was wondering if anyone has had this happen or has a picture or diagram of what it looks like under the chloroplast. I am pretty sure that I can just remove the insulation foam and drop the chloroplast but then what? It seems that adding a new black valve like a Valterra is not in the correct place because the septic line is a bit of a distance from where the valves are located. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't assume without visual inspection that the leak is at the valve. Other things can be cracked. If it is the valve, the best approach is to crop the Coroplast, inspect the valve, and replace it if necessary. The valves bolt in between the tank outlet and the sewer pipe. You would need to order/purchase a valve with the proper length cable for your RV. Oh - there is no such thing as a plumbing schematic for towable RVs...

Forum tip: You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three main components in the system. This is a generic diagram but it will show you where to look for leaks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Tank Flush System - Grand Design Owners Forums.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	48850
    Last edited by bjlakatos; 11-15-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    There are three main components in the system. This is a generic diagram but it will show you where to look for leaks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Tank Flush System - Grand Design Owners Forums.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	48850
    I think the OP is talking about the drain valve rather than the flush system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best approach is to just remove some of the screws holding the Coraplast up and start looking around to confirm where the leak is. Or, take it in if you're not adventurous enough. It's pretty easy to pull some screws and get a gap large enough to get a flashlight in to start looking around.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)