User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO_VB View Post
    I’ve been around the block and back picking out a new hitch for my 5er that would work well with my new F250. Was going to go with the B&W Companion because of Lipperts comments about the Anderson hitch but was told by the B&W technician that the Companion is not recommended with the turning point on the 150 series. This is after plunking down the money for the turnover ball. Looks like the Anderson ultimate is the best choice for not throwing more money away on this. After a new truck and fifth wheel with all the issues getting it set up I’m starting to wish I had kept my 150 and pull behind. (Sorry just ranting)
    I have a F250, and have the Steel Version of the Anderson Hitch. I also still have my Pullright, auto slider.
    Guess which one is collecting dust? Jerry is correct with no chucking, etc. Anderson is a smooth pulling hitch.
    Found mine on Craig’s list, $225.00. The guy I got it from just bought a large Momentum and wanted a 24k hitch. His lost, my gain.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO_VB View Post
    I’ve been around the block and back picking out a new hitch for my 5er that would work well with my new F250. Was going to go with the B&W Companion because of Lipperts comments about the Anderson hitch but was told by the B&W technician that the Companion is not recommended with the turning point on the 150 series. This is after plunking down the money for the turnover ball. Looks like the Anderson ultimate is the best choice for not throwing more money away on this. After a new truck and fifth wheel with all the issues getting it set up I’m starting to wish I had kept my 150 and pull behind. (Sorry just ranting)
    Neither the Anderson nor the B&W Companion (if attached via the turnover ball) will work if you plan to use the turning-point functionality. If you lock out the turning-point functionality, either will work just as they do with standard pin-boxes.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, hopefully I’ll be set up and camping in a week or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mark,
    I have pretty the same setup as you..I have yet to hook up to my trailer as it’s still getting some warranty work finished up but I did back up to it and it looked really close..My question is do you ever have concerns with the clearance and it being slightly nose high? I have an B&W non slider hitch..
    Chad & Nikki
    2019 Reflection 230RL
    2019 F-250 6.2 Gaser
    B&W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at purchasing the B&W Patriot non slider to go with the 290BH with turning point pin, these will work fine together right? I'm assuming you said the companion won't work because it's a slider and with the turning point hitch, they fight each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaditude View Post
    Hey Mark,
    I have pretty the same setup as you..I have yet to hook up to my trailer as it’s still getting some warranty work finished up but I did back up to it and it looked really close..My question is do you ever have concerns with the clearance and it being slightly nose high? I have an B&W non slider hitch..
    Chad,
    I have been pulling the 230RL with F250 for a year now, and had no issues with clearance. I'm a little over 6" of clearnacne with the hitch raised to the highest setting. Some things to keep in mind that might affect your truck height, larger tires, I have 18" and Fx off road package, which I do not have.

I have seen some talk about getting larger rv tires or get a rv lifted, but I do not see the need to go to that expense

All my specs are in my signature

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamiltonian View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing the B&W Patriot non slider to go with the 290BH with turning point pin, these will work fine together right? I'm assuming you said the companion won't work because it's a slider and with the turning point hitch, they fight each other?
    I think this might have been directed at me. My understanding is that you can’t use the wedge and turning-point functionality if you attach the B&W hitch to the truck via a gooseball. I assume this is because the hitch needs to be able to resist the torque applied by the wedge.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The F250 Diesel will be plenty for the 150 Series 5th wheel. Seriously, get the diesel. You will wish you did if you don't.
    I haven't heard or seen any issue regards to the rail height. We were looking at the 150 Series but, went with the reflection series.
    The 150 series just seemed a bit "tinny" to us. That was just our opinion. It doesn't hurt to look and compare.

Don't be in any hurry! You don't want any regrets or buyers remorse.

Good Luck
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123