User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGazaway View Post
    I just think the 250 will more than take care of my needs. I will be buying a small 5th wheel. I did look a little at 350 this morning.
    The F-250 diesel has the power to pull any 5th wheel you want to buy. If that’s all you’re concerned about, the F-250 will work great.

But, if you don’t want to exceed the payload rating of your truck, I strongly urge you to check the door sticker (not the spec sheets) of the specific F-250 diesel you’re interested in to make sure the payload rating is high enough for the loaded 5th wheel (not empty) you plan to buy. The F-350 will have about 1,000lb more payload available than the F-250.
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-27-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My F250 gas would have more than enough Payload (3192) to pull a 150 series 273, see my signature. One thing to keep in mind is if you go diesel go with the F350, but if you go gas stay with the F250

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I have a 2018 F250 and tow a 303RLS with the Anderson hitch. With the ball in the middle position I am about 1" nose high with 6-7" bed rail clearance using the stock suspension. FWIW you can lower the bed by replacing the standard rear blocks with lower blocks. Pertty inexpensive to have done $200-$300 depending on location.
    I know this has been around the forum over and over again but I wanted to share some info I picked up this week. I am picking up a new 260RD and was Planning to use the Anderson Ultimate Hitch (the dealer was recommending it). I called Grand Design tech support who wasn't sure but thought it may be a problem and he gave me the number for Lippert. The tech guy at Lippert was adamant that the Anderson should not be used since it required what was in his words an adapter to connect the king pin. I know there are tons of opinions out there on the subject and this one came from the horses mouth.

Best to All,
    Dave O

2019 F-250 SD
    DaveO_VB
    Virginia Beach / SE Virginia
    2016 F-150 Super Tow (loved but gone)
    2018 2150RB (Has a new happy home)
    2020 260RD DP windows
    2019 F-250 Lariat Gas SD Payload 3079#
    Anderson Ultimate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGazaway View Post
    I just think the 250 will more than take care of my needs. I will be buying a small 5th wheel. I did look a little at 350 this morning.
    I'm absolutely loving my F250. Are you going gas or diesel? The 6.7 diesel is more expensive up front but keeps its resale value significantly over gas. Diesel should also give you around 3mpg better when towing so if you're planning on keeping it for a while you may make up the difference in fuel savings.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will keep my options until I buy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO_VB View Post
    I know this has been around the forum over and over again but I wanted to share some info I picked up this week. I am picking up a new 260RD and was Planning to use the Anderson Ultimate Hitch (the dealer was recommending it). I called Grand Design tech support who wasn't sure but thought it may be a problem and he gave me the number for Lippert. The tech guy at Lippert was adamant that the Anderson should not be used since it required what was in his words an adapter to connect the king pin. I know there are tons of opinions out there on the subject and this one came from the horses mouth.

Best to All,
    Dave O

2019 F-250 SD
    EDITED: I just realized the 260RD has the 90 degree Turning Point pin box. Call Andersen and verify their hitch is compatible. You may have to lock out the Turing point Assy.

In my opinion, Lippert doesn’t like Andersen because they sell a competing product.

Thousands of us have been using Andersen Ultimate hitches and wouldn’t use anything else. It’s about 200 lbs lighter than a standard 5th wheel hitch. It’s smooth with no chucking and my skinny 12 year old grandson can install it and remove it by himself.

In the very unlikely event that there’s any “damage” to your pin box or trailer frame caused by the Andersen they will pay for the repair with their 5 million dollar supplemental warranty. In addition they will not only cover any repair they will give you $500 for your inconvenience. https://andersenhitches.com/uploads/...Letterhead.pdf

LOVE THE ANDERSEN.

Here’s a picture of the Red Coupler attached to the pin box and the hitch mounted in my truck bed.

Last edited by Jerryr; 06-12-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO_VB View Post

Best to All,
    Dave O

2019 F-250 SD
    There is no doubt that Lippert doesn't like competition, but I wonder if the tech was thinking of the fact that the adapter would preclude the use of the pin-box's turning-point feature.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjunior View Post
    I'm absolutely loving my F250. Are you going gas or diesel? The 6.7 diesel is more expensive up front but keeps its resale value significantly over gas. Diesel should also give you around 3mpg better when towing so if you're planning on keeping it for a while you may make up the difference in fuel savings.
    We went with the F-250 gas because our towing needs did not justify spending the extra for the diesel. Our new trailer is only 9300# loaded.
    DaveO_VB
    2020 260RD DP windows
    Anderson Ultimate

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    There is no doubt that Lippert doesn't like competition, but I wonder if the tech was thinking of the fact that the adapter would preclude the use of the pin-box's turning-point feature.
    That may have been part of the issue. I've also just discovered that the B&W Companion Hitch that uses the drop in ball attachment cannot be used with the Turning Point Pin Box (unless the turning point is locked out.) So, for those using the Anderson with a short bed (6'9") do you have any clearance issues when locking out the Turning Point Pin Box?
    DaveO_VB
    2020 260RD DP windows
    Anderson Ultimate

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been around the block and back picking out a new hitch for my 5er that would work well with my new F250. Was going to go with the B&W Companion because of Lipperts comments about the Anderson hitch but was told by the B&W technician that the Companion is not recommended with the turning point on the 150 series. This is after plunking down the money for the turnover ball. Looks like the Anderson ultimate is the best choice for not throwing more money away on this. After a new truck and fifth wheel with all the issues getting it set up I’m starting to wish I had kept my 150 and pull behind. (Sorry just ranting)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast