User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems making king size bed

Our new 310 GK has a king size bed, which I like. However, my wife says it is a pain to make. We are both under 5-8 so you can see where it would be a stretch to reach the head of the bed and tuck in the sides. We slide the mattress down to get the fitted sheet on it and then push it back up, it is the everyday stuff she has fits with. Any advice would be appreciated. Needless to say my advice was "so don't make it". You all know how that went. lol

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuma 310 View Post
    Our new 310 GK has a king size bed, which I like. However, my wife says it is a pain to make. We are both under 5-8 so you can see where it would be a stretch to reach the head of the bed and tuck in the sides. We slide the mattress down to get the fitted sheet on it and then push it back up, it is the everyday stuff she has fits with. Any advice would be appreciated. Needless to say my advice was "so don't make it". You all know how that went. lol
    We semi make the bed. The left side is all tucked in while the right is turned down like in a hotel, ready to get into. Not ideal but easy and acceptable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is a pain. We climb up on the mattress and hook the corners up top and then get off and pull them down. Not the highlight of the day when it gets made, but it gets done. Mostly we just close the door if company come over.
    Last edited by Aridon; 05-26-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What surprises me is that most of the RV's made have beds like this and very few have side tables where you can actually make the bed.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the reasons we do not like a bed in the slide.

Brian

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuma 310 View Post
    Oddball though it may be, we replaced the pure-junk king mattress that Grand Design supplies with the trailer with a QUEEN sized Casper foam mattress. We have a queen at home too.

I haven't cut down the board under the bed and might not ever do that (optimize resale) but the smaller mattress sure makes it easier to get into and make the bed.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=boyscout;236555]Oddball though it may be, we replaced the pure-junk king mattress that Grand Design supplies with the trailer with a QUEEN sized Casper foam mattress. We have a queen at home too.

I haven't cut down the board under the bed and might not ever do that (optimize resale) but the smaller mattress sure makes it easier to get into and make the bed.[/QUOTE

Exactly. We ordered ours with the queen for that very reason. The bonus is also a little more room to walk around the sides.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so many people complaining about these problems why don't more people tell the manufactures they want bigger bedroom slides so they can have night stands. Not only would it help with making the beds then you would have somewhere to put things like an alarm clock or something to drink in the middle of the night.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    With so many people complaining about these problems why don't more people tell the manufactures they want bigger bedroom slides so they can have night stands. Not only would it help with making the beds then you would have somewhere to put things like an alarm clock or something to drink in the middle of the night.
    We will never buy another RV with an unmakable bed.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    This is one of the reasons we do not like a bed in the slide.

Brian

One of the things we had on our "must have" list when looking for our rig - must have actual nightstands on both sides of bed.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 05-26-2019 at 03:55 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast