User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Newbie introducing self/Getting Grand Design 5th Wheel.

Hey all, newbie here, just wanted to say hello

This will be our first RV and we are excited, lots of life changes and this will be full time living for at least 18 months to 36 months. I look forward to scouring these forums to learn the truth about everything of Grand Design. I do know from other hobbies that forums are where the truth of any product lies and any worthwhile information and advice and don'ts

I'm sure I will find it but if anyone cares to respond I assume the 337RLS is rated for full time living? I'm still learning what this term exactly means but I have heard it on higher cost units on Youtube vids.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
    I'm sure I will find it but if anyone cares to respond I assume the 337RLS is rated for full time living?
    Welcome to the forum! The Grand Design Reflection brochure says "Extended Stay Approved" so I would assume the Reflection 337RLS is not rated for full time use. I'll let others chime in as to what exactly that means as far as warranty coverage goes. I've never heard of a manufacturer asking if you live in their RV full time when you present them with a warranty issue but maybe they do.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The Grand Design Reflection brochure says "Extended Stay Approved" so I would assume the Reflection 337RLS is not rated for full time use. I'll let others chime in as to what exactly that means as far as warranty coverage goes. I've never heard of a manufacturer asking if you live in their RV full time when you present them with a warranty issue but maybe they do.
    Thanks My brother in Law has the 315RLS TT which seems to be the TT version of the 337RLS 5th wheel. Anyway he lives in it full time working gas/oil pipeline work. He gets a good monthly allowance for room & board while on the road and he bought the 315 and saves quite a bit per month. Anyway I will be reading up on what exactly full time living means...I see you are from Sunriver OR, we now live in Redding CA, prob on way to ID after a bit. But I was from Eugene OR my whole life, visited Sunriver several times, nice place

I'm definitely Jealous of the Solitude you have! We toured a couple and dang it's def my fav but near double the cost of a 337RLS Reflection. Is Solitude line full time rated? I'm looking now!
    Last edited by jlpowell84; 05-25-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't stress about full-time rating.

Welcome to the forum, lots of good info here and nice folks. Congratulations on your upcoming RV purchase!
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    All manufactures have some kind of "full time" rv's. The bigger question is where will you use it most. If you will be using it in cold climates at all there are plenty here that have advice on that. There "arctic" packages are not very "arctic" worthy. Don't dismiss the Solitude line , they have the "S" series which is very nice , a cross between Reflection and Solitude.
    Lots of help on full timing in the 337 here as well. Good luck on the search.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. Let the good times roll.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    All manufactures have some kind of "full time" rv's. The bigger question is where will you use it most. If you will be using it in cold climates at all there are plenty here that have advice on that. There "arctic" packages are not very "arctic" worthy. Don't dismiss the Solitude line , they have the "S" series which is very nice , a cross between Reflection and Solitude.
    Lots of help on full timing in the 337 here as well. Good luck on the search.

Brian
    Thanks brian, the 2930 is prob absolute #1 for us but we need to consider the worst RV mistake one can make as in purchasing too much RV cost vs depreciation. A 337 is fat chunk less, but 2930 we know wider and bigger interior, more options. we will certainly consider it in our process. If winter is harsh we will rent local housing on the job rather than travel with RV. Some jobs in Wyoming. My brother in law took his 315TT and said propane costs was outrageous but everything worked as advertised.