User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Another possibility is that one of the tail lights is wired backwards, crossing the marker light signal with the brake/turn signal. If the connections at the pin box appear to be correct, I would trace the wiring at the tail lights.

To make this just a little more confusing . . . GDRV does not use conventional wire colours in their harness (at least they did not in my Reflection). Marker lights stay with brown. Right turn/stop stays with green. Left turn/stop which is supposed to be yellow, is a red wire.
    Then, at the tail light, brown is supposed to connect to green for marker/tail and green or red is supposed to connect to black for turn/stop. These were reversed on my trailer, which didn't much matter for the original two filament incandescent bulbs, but screwed things up when I went to LED tail lights.

(another) Rob
    I’m not going to opine about your specific rv , but the standard wire colors are typically listed as different for 4 pin and 7 pin blade connectors. To make matters worse there seem to be a couple of different “standards” for the 7’s. This used to really irritate me as the vehicles I’ve worked on for +40 years are fairly consistent across the board. I have a couple of fleet customers with quite a few trailers I keep brakes and electric working on. Always an adventure the first time one is brought in.
    To the op , I too would suspect a ground failure on the right combination light.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must ground via one three wires. Can't remember the colors ...seems red, white and green. Not sure. Seems like green was ground when I setup on of those plugs on my car hauler.
    Edit...reviewed that diagram posted previously..green is right turn/brake, brown is running, white is ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by f100owner; 05-27-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD said I could take it to my local RV dealership and they would reimburse. They did basically the same tests as I, plus a few more and determined the right rear LED tail light module is bad. They do not stock those and suggested not trying to mix an incandescent one into the mix.
    GD said they could not send me one or sell me one. Had to come from the dealer.
    Dealer said unless they did the testing, they would not do it under warranty, but would order me a tail light as a customer pay option. So they have a right signal light coming in tomorrow.
    GD said it would reimburse.
    So, we will see. I expect this to resolve the issue, especially after checking the box and determining no loose wires. Only other option would have been the pigtail wiring harness, in my mind. It was good.
    What I expect is that the tail light I receive will be different from the tail light I have. The GD website shows a different unit for my RV as compared to the one on my trailer.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue on my 2600 RB with the lights. Dealer replaced light under warranty.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a off the shelf LED tail light at O'Reilly that actually used the same mounting holes as the factory light for $22. It worked. Lights behaved normally. Pictured is the replacement light provided by GD. Came in an E-trailer box. The lower light is what came off of my trailer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190531_164839.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	20396

2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the mounting holes on the back of the trailer is too big. What is a good filler for our exterior walls...laminate and foam.

2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    One of the mounting holes on the back of the trailer is too big. What is a good filler for our exterior walls...laminate and foam.
    For one screw hole a bit big. I'd put in some permatex ultra black RTV in the hole, then mount the light and let the RTV setup around the installed screw.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem. Worked for a few trips and then started flashing all lights when using right turn signal. I have checked the connection box and the 7pin connector and everything appears fine. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Battersh View Post
    I have the same problem. Worked for a few trips and then started flashing all lights when using right turn signal. I have checked the connection box and the 7pin connector and everything appears fine. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Thanks
    Your issue sounds suspiciously like a failed ground at the right lamp. Try turning on the park lamps and then have someone watch as you apply the brakes. If the lamp goes out it confirms a failed ground.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12