Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD Imagine member

Hi All
    I’m Kathy and my husband Kevin and I just purchased a 2019 GD Imagine...2150RB! We camp mostly in Michigan as we are from Milford,MI, but always eager to hear of great campgrounds in other states to check out. Thinking of West Virginia as I hear the state parks are great. Would love to hear from anyone about their favorite places

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kathy & Kevin

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Great place for help and we always look forward to new input.
    Enjoy the new Imagine and safe travels.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'm still relatively new to this and have not stayed in any state parks yet...we like to comfort of full hookups. All the comforts of home. We love Mi. so I would like some recommendations as well. Thanks...Happy Camping.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys!
    Some great state parks in Michigan to try....my personal 2 favorites are Wilderness State Park near Mackinaw City, and Hoeft State Park in Roger City. Closer to you are Warren Dunes State Park but beach sites are pretty much in a parking lot. :-(. Ludington State Park is amazing as well as Petoskey State Park. Happy camping! Maybe we’ll see ya’ll out there :-)

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the Imagine. I know you will enjoy it. We like ours. We mostly stay down south. We will be in North Carolina for a week or two, trying new campsites in Tennessee on the way there and back. Welcome to the forum, continue making new memories.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Katmix

Congratulations! We are new owners in Michigan and excited as well. We really like, no love, Aloha state park by cheboygan and Young state park on Lake Charlevoix. I too have heard great things about Wilderness. We are in the metro area as well (northern Oakland).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum. We love Michigan. You will get lotsa great suggestions on this site. Also check out “campendium”. Happy camping
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome. We love the state parks. We have been to state parks in Georgia, Alabama, and Florida and loved them all. The lack of sewer connections in some of the parks is really the only issue we have had. We only stay at commercial parks as a last resort.
    Larry & Suzanne
    2021 GD Reflection 150 295RL
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
    6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, 3.55 rear axle ratio
    B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods Wonderland Wanderer View Post
    Hi Katmix

Congratulations! We are new owners in Michigan and excited as well. We really like, no love, Aloha state park by cheboygan and Young state park on Lake Charlevoix. I too have heard great things about Wilderness. We are in the metro area as well (northern Oakland).
    WOW! That’s wonderful! Young State Park is beautiful. My condo is at the Harborage so we are nearby. Will have to check out Aloha Park soon :-)