Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing tires

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run my Sailun tires at 100 psi. I put 2,800 miles on them and I never saw or felt any indication of roughness or rough ride. Nothing in the fifth wheel was ever bounced around. The fifth wheel tracked perfectly. After 2,800 miles they still looked new!

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've now got over 10k mi on our Sailuns. No problems at all. I run them at 95-100 psi. They do ride rougher than the OEM Westlakes though.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bit the bullet today and replaced my Westlake G rated tires. They had only 12000 miles on them and looked pretty good (much more than half the tread left. When I bought my 2018 Solitude the dealer said to replace the Westlake tires before 5000 miles. But that was when they came with E rated tires. Right before we received our rig, Grand Design changed their standard (for Solitude) to Westlake G rated tires. I have not heard of problems with the G rated tires but my wife wanted peace of mind. In searching for the right tire I read a number of reports on the Sailun tire and they looked pretty good but I saw comments they were hard to find and tire dealers had little experience with them. I found them on line from Amazon so I began looking for a shop that could mount them (auto tire shops can't easily accommodate a big rig). My buddy suggested trying a truck tire shop. I found one locally (CMC Truck Tires - CMC stands for construction, mining, and commercial). I called them and asked if they could mount tires on my RV. I told them I was going to get an off brand tire on line. He asked what brand I was looking at and I told him Sailun S637 235/85 R16 G rated. He said he had 50 of them in stock. I was surprised. I asked how much and he said $165 each plus mounting and balancing etc. ($165 was $10 less than Amazon). After I got over my surprise I asked him why he had so many in stock. He said they were his go to tire for commercial trailers and that he had sold over 300 so far this year and 300 of the 80's. He told me they were built like a semi tire (very robust 14 ply tire) with full steel belts and they had no problems whatsoever with these tires so spend whatever you like but you won't get a better tire. That was good enough for me. Note Sailun S637 tires come it two sizes 235/85 R16 and 235/80 R16. The weight rating for 4 of the 85s is almost 1000 lbs. more than the 80s. They are also almost an inch larger in diameter.
    Jim and Sandi
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017Ram2500 Laramie HD 6.4 Hemi Andersen Hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12