User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circuit breaker labelled 'general'

I am just trying to install an inverter into our new trailer.

I thought that the circuit breaker labelled 'general' would maybe go to the 110 electric outlets. It doesn't. The one for the refrigerator goes to those outlets (when I remove the rear cover of the refrigerator there is an outlet there that the refrigerator plugs into). Obviously I'm going to need to rewire something. I can't figure out what, if anything, the general circuit breaker supplies (its 15 amp). It is an obvious candidate for my rewiring to start at.

Anybody have any idea what the 'general' circuit is/supplies?

Thank you

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    To help with the answering let us know what model you have.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its an Imagine 2600RB. Sorry for not including this (2020 model)

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidandkim View Post
    Anybody have any idea what the 'general' circuit is/supplies?
    No, but I can show you how I mapped out what-powers-what in my 315RLTS. I turned everything off (except the mains, obviously) and then proceeded to methodically test every outlet and device turning on the breakers one at a time. Here's the results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlet to CB Drawing.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	20335

Separate question--from your brief text is reads like you're wiring an inverter's output directly to a circuit breaker? I'm not an electrician, but without further information your brief post was alarming. If you desire input (there are professional electricians here) can you post a schematic showing what you're doing?

Good luck either way with your project.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 2019 29RS. I installed my inverter also trying to power just the general breakers. Thinking I could run my TV and related outlets for genset curfew. Didn’t even check what controlled what. My mistake, power for entire PS slide out circuits all energy hogs refrigerator, fireplace, mini fridge. Didn’t want to try to power any of these circuits. I ended running a separate power outlet to the TV area. I left the general outlets on the inverter since I already had them wired in. I run a auto transfer switch so when I hook up to shore power it transfers over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had some success so far.

The only thing I can find the 'General' circuit breaker connected to is the outlet behind the theater seating.

I opened the box that the fridge is plugged into. Fancy, but typical wall outlet box. I've disconnected the 'out' side of the power box. All the remainder of the electrical outlets in the trailer are now discontinued from the shore power.

The plan, as it is evolving is to run a 110 cable from the power outlets behind the theater seating (it is accessible from a cord that hangs down that goes in and out with the slide). Obviously still working out much of this.

I'll run this forward into the passthrough. Inside there I'll mount my inverter, connected to the 12v battery (through a 150amp fuse). From the inverter it will go into the TS-30 automatic transfer switch. The shore power will come forwards from the theater seating into that switch. Then I'll connect the output of the transfer switch (which will be shore power when its connected, otherwise it will flip to the inverter) to the outlet in the garage- they are on the same circuit as the rest of the power outlets inside the trailer (and have been disconnected from the circuit breakers by the removing of the connecting wire in the fridge power outlet).

So those outlets powered through the 'General' breaker, via the bumpout connection, when shore power is on. When it isn't, the switch will flip to powering the outlets (not the ones behind the theater seating, but the rest of them) from the inverter. Oh yeah, I'll also put a 15amp circuit breaker on that line from the switch to the outlets in the trailer.

That is the plan right now, anyways