User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Yes, I read threads on many different forums about double regulating and the info seemed to be conflicting. I decided to remove the Q regulator to avoid any flow issues. Am install this single fitting which I believe will get me directly from the control valve inlet line to the propane quick connect hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buckaroo
    You may have to go to a hardware store to get your hose connected to your Q. Ours is older, but pictures of fittings are above. Yours will need same, perhaps different sizes. Home Depot definitely had more of these over Lowe’s, and we took both hose and Q controller knob into the store with us to ensure the fit. Don’t forget the yellow Teflon tape!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We converted ours earlier this year and can use it with our RV quick connects or 1lb bottles. I first installed a convert-a-q https://propanegear.com/weber-q-rv-q...2-m-f-qc-hose/ to be able to use the RV quick connect. We also bought the Revert-a-q https://propanegear.com/reverta-q/ to be able to simply use the 1 lb bottles. Very clean setup. just two different hoses. Our RV is 3000 miles away so I can't attach pictures.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finished the conversion and it was quite easy. I tested performance both with the 1lb bottles and after conversion - no change. I used one single fitting and purchased a 20' quick disconnect hose as follows:

I took off the regulator/control valve assembly from the Q by removing the front leg and then the two small screws anchoring the assmbly to it. This made it easier to unthread the regulator at the discharge of the control valve using two pair of channel lock pliers, carefully positioning them on the opposing sides of the connection. Cleaned off the threads with a wire brush, installed the single male quick disconnect fitting using yellow gas specific teflon tape and then remounted it on the front leg. The quick disconnect points down at about the 4pm position. Saved the original Q regulator in case I want to use the 1 lb bottles in the future.

I did contact Weber Customer service to ask if I could plumb through the existing Q regulator and they said no - wouldn't work. They went on to say that plumbing directly to the low pressure propane supply on the TT wouldn't work either (which is exactly what I did) and I would instead need to buy their fitting with regulator to run off the 20 lb tank. Suspect they can't recommend it due to liability issues.

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 09-30-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our OEM optional gas grill was getting ragged, and I purchased a stainless steel two burner replacement grill at Home Depot for $129. Later saw it at Sam's Club for $99--great buy.
    I too spent too much time and was unsuccessful at the hardware store trying to get 2-3 brass fittings to hook it up to my low pressure LP quick connect on the trailer. I am going to use a regular LP bottle from my home gas grill.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep a 20# tank in the bed of my truck, at the rear. It is in a milk crate (perfect fit) and is locked to the rear tie-down with a chain that is covered with a piece of bike inner tube.

I have a 10’ hook-up hose for my Weber 1200 and just run the hose from the tank to the BBQ, which is on a stand when I use it. I set up the BBQ about 8’ from the truck, so that there won’t be any problems with flare-ups, etc. The truck tailgate makes a nice work table, too. I only take the tank out of the bed when I am at home and not using the trailer, or when I take it out to refill it.

The other nice thing is that it is a spare if I were to run out of propane, which isn’t likely, since I only turn on one tank at a time on the trailer. That way, when it is empty, I switch over, and refill the empty one the day or two after the switch.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your post, ordered thru Amazon, received the parts next day, everything worked great. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12