User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    Can you take off the "...unofficial site" in the footer? It has irritated me for a while. This IS the official site of the sponsors and guests. What we are official about is in our minds!!!
    LOL, that's the spirit. Based on your feedback, I did change the disclaimer to simply say "This is an independent site." Really that disclaimer was there to be absolutely obvious we are not related to GD. Now that we are on a new domain name it's probably not needed but we plan to leave it anyway because we want to make sure we clearly communicate to consumers that are an independent community.

Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    Will we still have the rallies?
    This will not effect anything outside of the domain name we are on. So all rallies should proceed as planned. I don't know why this change would impact any of them
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Thanks for the update Andy. It sounds a bit like Grand Design wanted to eliminate competition from their GDRV4Life effort (which is kind of pathetic right now). Kind of depressing but we'll move past this. I do wonder why Grand Design would demand that a forum they don't own and don't participate in is not sponsored by members. Why do they care????
    When I posted about the manufactures section being gone and used the word "refuse" , apparently I was heading in the right direction. I believe GD has their own unknown to us reasons for attempting to make things difficult for this forum . But there are plenty of members that have made a home here and when there is a home there is family. We'll be here for the longhaul.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy,
    I'm just on old Jarhead who has had the privilege of being allowed to serve my country in various capacities for the last 35 years. 20 plus in the Corps and the last 15 in LE so I understand change is inevitable. I appreciate your efforts to keep GD involved in the forum. Just like they changed ownership, the same goes the forum.

I have not been here as long as some, but I would ask that you keep the forum as close to it's original intent as possible. There is a reason I became at Site Sponsor for this forum. It was to avoid the junk and ads on other non-member forums and to get spot on advice from other GD owners who are interested in helping others with technical solutions and maybe making a few new friendships along the way.

My hope is your business model stays true to the forum. Since I have no idea what RVTripWizard is, a free year does not mean much (no offense intended). When someone offers me compensation for an upcoming change, I naturally grow suspicious of the direction things are going to move. Just an occupational hazard and nothing personal.

I would ask that you make every effort to make the site sponsor's able to view the site "ad free". I appreciate your communication to the forum.

Geoff
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy,

Sorry you had to go through this. It’s discouraging that this occurred.

At the same time, I want to thank you for keeping the forum alive and well. It is my main source for info regarding my trailer and has helped me many, many times.

Please continue the “ad free” version, at least for site sponsors as you said. I am somewhat concerned that we will have a flooding of non-site sponsors causing problems, especially for our hard working moderators.

Thanks again!

Edit: and I agree, unless we are expecting something from GD in the future, who cares if they want the site free for people. Do what you want.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Andy,

Edit: and I agree, unless we are expecting something from GD in the future, who cares if they want the site free for people. Do what you want.
    Exactly. It would seem that complying with their requests means that they no longer have any say in how the site operates. It's pretty cool the way it is.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All,
    Andy has done a great job of summarizing the events that have happened over the past 6 months, and the frustration with dealing with Grand Design. Andy has stated above that the ad free experience will continue for the site sponsors, and that there will be other perks as well. In all of my dealings and experiences with Andy, I have found him to be professional, and a man of his word. We've been emailing each other for years, and now I've done business with him.
    Now that this is behind us, it is time for the growth and the fun. I am not sure what Grand Design's motivation was, but we're clear of it now. I'm also glad to see that Andy is looking at a Reflection and not a Jayco.

You have all helped to create one of the greatest communities on the internet. Let's all pitch in and keep making it better. That means your suggestions, your criticisms, your encouragement, your ideas, and your support. Your word of mouth in the campgrounds, your participation in the conversations, your pictures, your upgrades, all of it makes a huge difference. For those of you who are technical, helping the non technical members understand is one of the founding principles of this forum. Sharing knowledge and having a sense of community is why forums were created in the first place. We keep each other honest, we hold each other accountable, and celebrate each other's victories. That is the spirit of this forum. I could not have done it without you, nor would I have wanted to.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    I would ask that you make every effort to make the site sponsor's able to view the site "ad free".
    We are 100% committed to this.

Please continue the “ad free” version, at least for site sponsors as you said.
    We will for sure.

I am somewhat concerned that we will have a flooding of non-site sponsors causing problems, especially for our hard working moderators.
    Non-site sponsors have always been able to post for 30 days. IMO, the ones who cause issues usually do so quickly. Your point has been noted and it will be good to look back in a year or two and see how things are going.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering....was Don Clark contacted in all this? It is what it is, but I know he was committed in 2014 to owners and this site. I guess Winnie does have control now.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes, he was. As was Jerry McCarthy, Tom Holt, etc. Just FYI, at one point I was told that I could not sell the site because it was their intellectual property.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I understand now. Winnebago feels like they are the "Grand Design Owners", as in owner of the company Grand Design... lol
    2018 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 3.73 gear ratio, AISIN trans, B&W Companion, Air Lift 7500XL
    2020 Momentum 397TH
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast