User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out and your patience while we fix it. We will work on this and get it working again shortly.
    Thanks... Tapatalk is my preferred vector.

That said... I'm sorry to see them do this kind of thing, but in the world we've created the rules favor the money and they have the money.

What's really a disappointment is that they likely won't ever participate on the forums any more in any official manner. This was one of the big draws of the brand (and the forum) for me. I'd never owned a product where the company participated in a forum and saw it as a way to help people. I guess I don't anymore. It's not I'll sell or never buy the brand again, but it will factor into my decisions in the future.
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    txfivver and gobama84, do you all get any type of error message?

The domain name is very new. I checked to see if it had any history that might cause a filter to trigger but the domain was never registered in the past. I'm thinking that it probably needs some time for the filters to read and categorize the domain so that it's not filtered. IE. the settings might be set so that if it's unrecognized, block it. Since it's so new it's not recognized yet.
    I can see/access the site just fine from work, and we have very strict rules about sights that are blacklisted.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Andy,

Sorry you had to go through this. It’s discouraging that this occurred.

At the same time, I want to thank you for keeping the forum alive and well. It is my main source for info regarding my trailer and has helped me many, many times.

Please continue the “ad free” version, at least for site sponsors as you said. I am somewhat concerned that we will have a flooding of non-site sponsors causing problems, especially for our hard working moderators.

Thanks again!

Edit: and I agree, unless we are expecting something from GD in the future, who cares if they want the site free for people. Do what you want.
    Steve, FWIW, I’m thinking that GD (Winnebago) doesn’t want a site out here that restricts THEM from information (whether comments, pictures, mods they may not approve, etc.).
    As for unwanted traffic/trouble makers, I’ve watched carefully since the sale from Chris to Andy (not GD to W). Every day, several times per day I go to “Forums”, scroll to the bottom to check the ratio online here. It’s been pretty consistent since the sale: about 25% or less site sponsors to about 75% guests; whereas previously, it seemed closer to equal. I figured that was due to our site’s new, more visible affiliation with Andy’s other RV related sites. However, I’ve seen no real difference in the occasional oddball posts, blatant ads, provocateurs. Our moderators do a great job, and quickly, too.
    While it’s all very sad (shakes head here), it seems the corporate headset of control has put their knickers in a twist. They want their cake and eat it too.
    As far as the product, who cares what they approve or disapprove of, the warranty (purchased or otherwise) isn’t that great, and all too soon you find yourself out in the cold, alone...NO, wait, here we are-we’ve got each other!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsl View Post
    Was wondering why we had to re-login. Will await what comes of the paid memberships, we haven't had a year of our 3 year paid yet and we do already use RV trip wizard
    It's our commitment to continue to provide Site Sponsor's an ad-free experience. So you will still get what you paid for and we will extend your RV Trip Wizard access. Hopefully, RV Trip Wizard is working out for you.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    At least where I worked (USAF base) there was a process to request a site be "whitelisted". Hopefully you won't have to justify the purpose as being tied to your employment--you'll have to get real creative.

I've tagged Andy and Janet H (admin) in the Moderator forum (which you all can't see) so as soon as they log in they'll see these issues.
    txfivver and gobama84, do you all get any type of error message?

The domain name is very new. I checked to see if it had any history that might cause a filter to trigger but the domain was never registered in the past. I'm thinking that it probably needs some time for the filters to read and categorize the domain so that it's not filtered. IE. the settings might be set so that if it's unrecognized, block it. Since it's so new it's not recognized yet.
    I work on a government base and the building I’m in is very tight on security. I get a pop up message the same as if I were going to any other unauthorized site. It’s not forum specific as I can view/post to other forums and had no problem until yesterday at about 2 pm Central time when it said the site was down for maintenance. After that it has been a no go. Thanks! Will view from home for now. You have other things to do than worry about this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For people having problems accessing the site from work, are you trying to access it as granddesignowners.com or mygrandrv.com?
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy and Chris, I would like to take a moment to thank you for your efforts and the hard work you have put in, I know it's not easy.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a relative newbie here and have become active for all of the obvious reasons that come from technical expertise combined with community. I became a paid sponsor within a day or so because the entry level cost was so shallow and the info so deep.

For me, nothing has changed except the logo and domain name. With the commitment to a no-ad environment for sponsors and assuming the pricing structure does not radically change, I am grateful for the continuity and efforts to maintain the site.

To Chris (I believe the original operator and owner) - This has been a metric crapton of work for you getting to this point. Congratulations on the sale. I hope you made a great return on your efforts.

To Andy R - Congratulations on your new venture. So far so good and I hope you make a metric crapton of money in the future while providing me with an opportunity to participate here.
    Last edited by JColeman; 05-29-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    For people having problems accessing the site from work, are you trying to access it as granddesignowners.com or mygrandrv.com?
    Both of course.
    Loyd - USMC Retired & Dean - SSA Retired
    Looking to Full Time as soon as we buy a 397TH
    Currently working as a Government Contractor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with my own domain name at work. If I try to put it in I get same error message. If I put in the my companies domain with my identifier, it works like a champ. Must be with the redirection.
    Loyd - USMC Retired & Dean - SSA Retired
    Looking to Full Time as soon as we buy a 397TH
    Currently working as a Government Contractor

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast