Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolivar Ferry Crossing at Galveston TX

Has anyone taken their rig across on the Bolivar Ferry at Galveston TX? We are heading back to TX in 6 weeks and thought we would detour down "south TX" for a few days and take the ferry across. The website limits me to 65 feet in length and 8.5 feet width. I am sure that when I live in Galveston I saw big rigs on the ferry.
    Tim and Betsy
    Retired U. S. Marine (Tim)
    Retired Pastor (Tim)
    Active Golfer! (Tim)
    Current Physician Assistant (Betsy)
    2016 Solitude 366DEN
    2018 Chevrolet Crew Cab, DuraMax, 4WD, Dually, Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim, Betsy, we travel to Galveston whenever we can and stay at the Dellinara RV park. We always take Sam Houston Tollway to I45 and then down, but we are coming from Austin. On our last trip we camped beside a couple from Arkansas that had taken the ferry across. He said there was a very deep dip exiting the ferry and it caught one of his stabilizer jacks and bent the crap out of it. I helped him remove it and he got another jack and replaced it. He said they were taking I 45 back and skipping the ferry. Don't know if you would have problems or not, just thought I would mention it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel