User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297RSTS Questions

Has anyone relocated the living room thermostat? It definitely is wildly inaccurate in its hutch location so I would prefer to relocate it and raise it higher.

Options for adding extra lights in place of the useless awning LED string.

Is there a way to access the wiring to the LED "V" on the nose cap?

Options for relocating the awning extend/retract switch. I like to be able to see the awning when I open or close it. My cheap Forest River had the Lippert remote for awning, slide and stabilizers. Cannot understand why a remote was not added by GD. Anyone added remote capability or relocated the switch?

TT is 99% perfect for our use but would like to be able to correct these small issues.

Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cahriad,
    We had our dealer move the thermostat to the wall just to the left of the bathroom door (under warranty) due to the need to set it extremely high when using the furnace. The also installed extra insulation and a heat shield above the furnace. We have not had the need to use the furnace since this was completed, so not sure how much it will help. The had to get a replacement panel for above the furnace due to the hole for the thermostat, from the factory. Good luck, Kansas Kamper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a better location. I have since added a remote for the awning so the Tstat is next.

Thanks
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    That sounds like a better location. I have since added a remote for the awning so the Tstat is next.

Thanks
    The remote sounds like a great idea. I need to stretch my arm while holding the switch and trying to look out the door while extending the awing. Can you please let us know what remote you used and how you installed it. I think that would be a great mod.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remote is for a Carefree awning and I had no issues with installing it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NS81TKG..._BnEBDb4MX3PYP

The kit comes with manual switches also, so I purchased a small project box and mounted it next to the door. The remote controller is in the box also. This gives me manual access where I can see the awning come and go along with a remote, I can use anywhere. I did not want to be bothered at this time with fishing wires through the ceiling, so I surface mounted some cable molding along the ceiling between the door and the existing awning switches. Rather than mess with the existing wiring I ran a new 12 volt service to the controller from a spare fuse. The only wires that need to be disturbed at the hutch are the wires going to the awning motor. I should add the controller can also run the awning lights, so I picked up those wires also going out to the lights. The switch on the side is a Carefree awning light switch SR0101.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	22427

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	22428

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg