User Tag List

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVLock Keyless Baggage Door Handle Installation (315RLTS)

See attached PDFs.

My Installation Notes & Pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVLock Keyless Baggage Door Handle Installation Final.pdf 
Views:	87 
Size:	888.6 KB 
ID:	20355

RVLock's Installation Instructions

Name:	RVLock Keyless Baggage Handle Installation Instructions.pdf 
Views:	41 
Size:	274.9 KB 
ID:	20354

What I didn't include in the PDF above is the struggle to install one of the locks due to a manufacturing defect. See pic below for details.

Name:	RVLock Keyless Baggage Door Handle Installation on a.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	20352

The real disappointment is RVLock either forgot to rekey the locks or failed to test the re-key because NEITHER of the new locks will lock (or unlock) with a key. This means both have to go back to get fixed. As of this writing I am waiting for their response. I'll update this thread as appropriate.

Fire away if you have any questions.

-Howard

Edit: Standard disclaimer--I have no affiliation with RVLock other than as a customer.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to post a follow-up with RVLock's response. Not only are they going to pay for the shipping (both ways) and rekey the locks, but they refunded me for the entire price of one of the locks. WOW. While I'm not happy with all the shenanigans I had to go through to get these installed, their response was truly far and away more than I expected. (All I asked for was the $14 in tools it cost me to tap out the threads.)

So, kudos to Tasha (the customer service rep) at RVLock. She's been prompt on every occasion, and the refund made my day.

(Again--I have no affiliation with RVLock nor am I compensated in any way, shape, or fashion for the review on this thread.)

-Howard

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    The real disappointment is RVLock either forgot to rekey the locks or failed to test the re-key because NEITHER of the new locks will lock (or unlock) with a key. This means both have to go back to get fixed. As of this writing I am waiting for their response. I'll update this thread as appropriate.
    As promised here's the follow-up to the sentence above.

When I returned from a recent trip I contacted RVLock and arranged to have the locks returned (they paid for shipping) to get rekeyed. The locks came back today keyed correctly and they are reinstalled on the trailer.

What I *didn't* know was the key lock portion of baggage door setup works differently than the key lock portion on RVLock's main entryway door setup. (I have both.) Let me try to explain.

When I stick the key in the main door I turn it a full 90 degrees and it locks. Turn it back 90 degrees and it is unlocked.

On the baggage door, stick the key in and rotate it to the 10 o'clock position and then back to the 12 o'clock position--the door locks. Turn it again to the 2 o'clock position and then back to the 12 o'clock position and it unlocks. Don't ask me why the locks work differently! (It took a phone call to RVLock to figure it out.)

BL--really, really like RVLock's baggage door locks. They aren't perfect, but it sure is nice not having to find my keys to get in those baggage doors (or lock them up).

-Howard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the look

Im trying to do the same thing to my RV. I seen your video and pictures on another site and searched and found this site so Im replying here. I wasnt sure you could even do this till i seen your post. Thanks BTW. Can I ask you a few questions? What was the width of your door slab. Mine is just a little over 3/4 inch. Its 7/8 inch but thats actually trim to trim but not the slab so im trying to figure out if i need to order the over 3/4 inch locks or not. Its that close. Its hard to measure the actual slab size without removing the trim. All my locks are the round chrome cylinder cam lock type. Did you have to cut where your old cam lock hole was on the baggae door or does this lock fit through the old hole. If you did how hard was that to do and how did you go about doing it. How long did it take you to cut ( if you had to ) and install a lock. I m not sure if you have to cut a rectangle hole or something like that. All the holes in my doors are about the size of a quater. I'm going to be installing 22 of the baggage mechanical rv locks and 2 of the baggage keyless locks. Your modification looks great. Thanks for your time. Any info you have would be greatly appreaiated.

Larry
    Last edited by lawilletts317; 06-14-2020 at 12:21 AM.
    2018 Forest River FR3 32DS