Today we took our Reflection 337 to the factory service center in Bristol IN. We are on a trip across country and were going right by, so I called JD and set up an appointment to get a few things fixed. I can not say enough good things about the factory service center! They open at 5 AM and we were there right as they opened. I expected two days for the repairs, but they completed everything by 3 PM today! Tim and his crew did an outstanding job of taking care of all the little things and big things too that needed to be done. JD Adams is just AWESOME to work with. Don't tell him I said so, I don't want him to get a big head. He is a great asset to Grand Design.

While the 5er was getting worked on, we took a factory tour of the Reflection line. Tyler did an outstanding job of leading us through the factory. It is quite impressive to see it all come together. I learned quite a few new things about the Reflection just going through the tour. Also got to meet Don Clark and spend a few minutes with him.

Tim and the service center crew went out of their way and over the top to make sure we were satisfied customers.

Thanks Tim, Rod, JD and all the rest of the crew!
George and Connie