Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxair fan control issue

We have a 29RS with a Maxair fan in the kitchen. Factory installed electric rain sensing cover with an Aircell 4 button control mounted on hallway wall. The 4 buttons are on/speed, fan off, lid open, lid close. To start the fan, press on and #of times for speed (4 available). The lid automaticly opens as the fan comes up to speed. All is fine until you want to turn off the fan but leave the lid open. If you press fan off button, lid closes and fan shuts off. Or if you press lid close, fan shuts off and lid closes. My question is how can I shut off the fan but leave the lid open? It seems like something is miswired here. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 3 of the Maxair fans in our trailer and they all work as you describe. If I want to turn the fan off and leave the vent open I push the fan off button then push the vent open button. The fan will go off and the vent will start to close but the vent will reopen as soon as i push the vent open button. Not a perfect system but it works.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I push vent open, it opens and the fan stays off. Close does what is expected. If I use the fan button, the fan turns in and works at varying speeds.

So it is possible

The back of the switch is a phone jack so the wires and where they are connected for various functions must be at the ceiling unit

My key pad says maxxair on the top and airxcel on the bottom
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just how it works but it doesn't make sense. "Fan off" should only turn off the fan. Like you said, "fan off" and "lid close" are redundant functions.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    We have 3 of the Maxair fans in our trailer and they all work as you describe. If I want to turn the fan off and leave the vent open I push the fan off button then push the vent open button. The fan will go off and the vent will start to close but the vent will reopen as soon as i push the vent open button. Not a perfect system but it works.
    Been doing it this way for 4 years. Not really a big deal, just how these things work.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the replies. I must apologize for my mislabeling of my fan control, I was going from memory there and we all know how that works! I think I have it figured out after reading replies here and from looking at the operation instructions found online. However, the printed instructions are a little confusing to me since the actual operation in my case isn't the same. They say "Vent Open, opens the vent lid and fan motor remains in previous state. Vent Close, closes the vent lid and fan motor remains in previous state. If fan motor is On, the Maxxfan enters ceiling fan mode". OK then, next time I am out at the trailer, I will experiment with my new found knowledge! Happy camping!
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL