User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    What about this idea - Take the TV spare tire off (mounted under the truck bed) and attach it to the back of the RV. Probably to the ladder. I figure that alone would add 100lbs payload. 60ish off the rear axle and 40ish off the pin wt by putting it on the back bumper. What do you guys think?
    I think these small changes won't help you sleep at night. Only one thing will

BTW, I went through the exact same process last fall.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be a little worried about hanging a 100# tire and wheel on the ladder.

You could try loading your inside "stuff" more to the back, that might help.

Brian

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would not recommend hanging a tire/wheel off of the ladder in the back. I realize the ladder is made to support whatever amount of weight of someone climbing up it, but would it hold 75-85 lbs of bouncing weight over bumpy roads. And realistically, it really isn't going to take much weight off the front of the trailer. With my first Toy Hauler, I was loading two motorcycles, the bottom half of a roll around tool box, four 1 gallon paint cans filled with concrete (weights for my EZup canopy), the canopy itself, three paddock stands, 6 gallons of fuel, and various other assorted stuff......total most likely around 1300-1400 lbs, and it too about 350 lb off of the tongue weight, as opposed to not having all that stuff back there.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you or your wife need to lose a few pounds? LOL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I think these small changes won't help you sleep at night. Only one thing will

BTW, I went through the exact same process last fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I would be a little worried about hanging a 100# tire and wheel on the ladder.

You could try loading your inside "stuff" more to the back, that might help.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I too would not recommend hanging a tire/wheel off of the ladder in the back. I realize the ladder is made to support whatever amount of weight of someone climbing up it, but would it hold 75-85 lbs of bouncing weight over bumpy roads. And realistically, it really isn't going to take much weight off the front of the trailer. With my first Toy Hauler, I was loading two motorcycles, the bottom half of a roll around tool box, four 1 gallon paint cans filled with concrete (weights for my EZup canopy), the canopy itself, three paddock stands, 6 gallons of fuel, and various other assorted stuff......total most likely around 1300-1400 lbs, and it too about 350 lb off of the tongue weight, as opposed to not having all that stuff back there.
    Thank you gents. I truly am absorbing all of the advice. Whatever decision I make, it will be an informed one!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t think the amount you are talking about would be an issue, but keep in mind if you move too much weight to the back and don’t have enough pin weight you can have issues as well. The ratio of pin weight to total trailer weight has a lot to do with how it handles.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, with our 230RL, we are sitting at 1500 lbs loaded for pin weight. Of course it depends on what you load. We are on a ten week trip so have a few extras in the basement as well right now (tools, jack, etc).
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ncitro. I'll try and remember that.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks paws that does help. My goal is under 1400 for pin wt. That's what works. But I would like to have a buffer for some flexibility.. may I ask, what are the empty pin wts and the UVW of your 230rl? The one I'm considering is 1240 pin and 7050 UVW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Thanks paws that does help. My goal is under 1400 for pin wt. That's what works. But I would like to have a buffer for some flexibility.. may I ask, what are the empty pin wts and the UVW of your 230rl? The one I'm considering is 1240 pin and 7050 UVW.
    If I remember correctly my unloaded pin weight was 1320 with the battery and gas.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast