User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    If I remember correctly my unloaded pin weight was 1320 with the battery and gas.
    Mark
    Thanks Mark! How do you like the Curt A16 hitch? I just installed the same thing in anticipation of buying the 230rl... I also ordered the Curt wedge for the Turning Point pin box. Are all your towing turns worry free?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was 1274# according to the factory sheet, but you have to add the 60# for propane also.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Ours was 1274# according to the factory sheet, but you have to add the 60# for propane also.
    Thanks paws. According to industry standards pin wts include full propane and battery. Or so I read somewhere. Or thought I read somewhere...
    Last edited by Boom 'r Bust; 06-01-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Thanks Mark! How do you like the Curt A16 hitch? I just installed the same thing in anticipation of buying the 230rl... I also ordered the Curt wedge for the Turning Point pin box. Are all your towing turns worry free?
    The Curt A16 combined with the Curt wedge works great, the wedge fits well which keeps the side to side or front to back movement to a minimum. I also like color indicators (red, yellow and green) to show the hitching status. I usually keep a little grease on the wedge sides to help connect TV & 230RL. When backing the TV to the trailer keep the Truck aligned to the trailer as much as possible, if the truck is not straight to the trailer it may not engage as easily. My driveway has a 6% grade and I have not had any issues connecting or disconnecting.

Just a point a reference my previous truck was a 2016 F150 Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs. The hitch head was set to the middle hole which provided a 5.5" rail clearance, and this made the trailer perfectly level while connected

As for turning I do not worry about contacting the truck cab at all and you get at least 90 degrees of turning which is more than enough

Mark
    Last edited by MarkRizRV; 06-01-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks paws. According to industry standards pin wts include full propane and battery. Or so I read somewhere. Or thought I read somewhere...
    The quoted pin weights from Grand Design do not include propane or battery. Each 30 pound propane tank full weighs around 55 pounds, so I would figure 150-200 pounds additional right there.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    The quoted pin weights from Grand Design do not include propane or battery. Each 30 pound propane tank full weighs around 55 pounds, so I would figure 150-200 pounds additional right there.
    According to the GD dealer, quoted pin wts include battery and empty canisters. If they are correct, then I need to add anywhere from 30 to 60 lbs to the pin. 30 if I choose to travel with only one full.

My wife tells me that no one else is as obsessed or researches these things as much as me. It was not a compliment...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    The Curt A16 combined with the Curt wedge works great, the wedge fits well which keeps the side to side or front to back movement to a minimum. I also like color indicators (red, yellow and green) to show the hitching status. I usually keep a little grease on the wedge sides to help connect TV & 230RL. When backing the TV to the trailer keep the Truck aligned to the trailer as much as possible, if the truck is not straight to the trailer it may not engage as easily. My driveway has a 6% grade and I have not had any issues connecting or disconnecting.

Just a point a reference my previous truck was a 2016 F150 Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs. The hitch head was set to the middle hole which provided a 5.5" rail clearance, and this made the trailer perfectly level while connected

As for turning I do not worry about contacting the truck cab at all and you get at least 90 degrees of turning which is more than enough

Mark
    Thanks again for the great info Mark. It's helps seeing some real world numbers and experiences.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the GD dealer, quoted pin wts include battery and empty canisters. If they are correct, then I need to add anywhere from 30 to 60 lbs to the pin. 30 if I choose to travel with only one full.

My wife tells me that no one else is as obsessed or researches these things as much as me. It was not a compliment...
    I’ll let someone else confirm, but I’d be willing to bet your dealer is wrong, unless they’ve changed something in the last couple months. Or the weights they are giving you are not Grand Designs weights but their own they have calculated. The dealer installs the battery not Grand Design, so that cannot be accounted for by Grand Design.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I’ll let someone else confirm, but I’d be willing to bet your dealer is wrong, unless they’ve changed something in the last couple months. Or the weights they are giving you are not Grand Designs weights but their own they have calculated. The dealer installs the battery not Grand Design, so that cannot be accounted for by Grand Design.
    X2^^. The actual empty pin weight on our 337 (per the CAT scales) was 650 lbs. more than the published empty pin weight. The dealer installs the battery and fills the propane tanks. The published pin weights also do not account for any options such as a second AC, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be right ncitro. They may have weighed it themselves. Here's the email I rec'd regarding that issue:

"But, the 1240# was with battery and propane bottles but not full of propane."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast