Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    I installed (3) matching style dimmers last week manufactured in USA by American Technology Components (coincidentally or not, the same manufacturer as OEM non-dimmers GD spec'd for Refl 337RLS). I replaced the; overhead dining, overhead rear sofa and overhead bedroom light switches with these, which required slight shaving of wall cutouts to fit plus utilizing existing ground wiring accessible behind all three. I used Posi-Tap connectors on those which are minimally invasive with just a pin-prick through the insulation in combo with male solderless connectors crimped onto the other new switch wires which mate with existing female solderless connectors on existing wiring. Doing so was simple without permanent alteration to walls or wiring. I'm delighted with the results - especially watching TV at night without adjacent glare.
    eBay: 12 Volt DC Dimmer Switch for LED, Halogen, Incandescent - RV, Auto, Truck,Marine

For the double-gang hutch switch controlling galley ceiling and overhead hutch lights, my subsequent plan is to install a pair of larger switches below also made by ATC, which will require cutting a 2nd opening under the raised hutch cabinet. By that, use the existing cutout for one larger switch for ceiling lights and replicate a 2nd cutout adjacent for the overhead hutch lights.
    eBay: LED Dimmer Switch 12V on-off Light RV Motor Home Camper Trailer Black 12 V

For those interested, here is the direct link to ATC's online catalog:
    https://www.atcomp.com/product-categ...itch-controls/
    I'm getting ready to add a dimmer to the bedroom and maybe the bathroom lights. I was looking at the catalog and they have two parts for High Side vs. Low Side. Do you (or anyone else) know which is the appropriate switch? Also, Why does it make a difference --wouldn't it really just come down to how it was wired more than the switch itself?
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Oh, you are "TheGuy" that just quote me!

I'll just add that the eBay seller's link in my previous post was the specific version purchased for the (3) single gang non-dimmable switches I replaced. Polarity of the OEM wires to the new dimmer switch does matter for proper function, i.e., lamps would switch on and fully illuminate but wouldn't dim until I reversed polarity at the switch. Replicated same on the others and all was well...
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    ^^^ Oh, you are "TheGuy" that just quote me!

I'll just add that the eBay seller's link in my previous post was the specific version purchased for the (3) single gang non-dimmable switches I replaced. Polarity of the OEM wires to the new dimmer switch does matter for proper function, i.e., lamps would switch on and fully illuminate but wouldn't dim until I reversed polarity at the switch. Replicated same on the others and all was well...
    That be me. [emoji3]

Interesting, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12