User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New RV How to Flush Fresh Water Tank

I have a 2020 Momentum G21 and I am trying to do the recommended flush of the Fresh Water Tank. I only have one inlet for adding water and a switch that says City Water or Fresh Water Tank. I put the switch to Fresh Water Tank. I am trying to use a hose with a funnel to get the bleach water mixture into the freshwater tank but it isn't going in or it just trickles and overflows back out of the hose. I tried using a hand pump. I just can't figure out how you are supposed to do this!!! Any help would be so appreciated!! I am covered in bleach water!!!

Thanks,
    Brenda

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brenda

Does your water panel have a "power fill" selection?
    If yes , then put your solution in a bucket and use a short hose to syphon the solution into the tank with your on board water pump. You may have to set the bucket up level with the floor in the pass thru.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it does not have that. The freshwater inlet has a backfil insert in it so it takes pressure to push it back so that water can get in. A hose has enough pressure to push it in, but gravity filling does not and neither does a hand pump. This is so crazy!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLK View Post
    No it does not have that. The freshwater inlet has a backfil insert in it so it takes pressure to push it back so that water can get in. A hose has enough pressure to push it in, but gravity filling does not and neither does a hand pump. This is so crazy!
    You could try removing the insert - a cone-shaped screen, right? - and putting it in backwards before attaching your short siphon hose. There is a backflow preventer in that inlet, and reversing the screen will usually hold it open so your pump doesn't have to overcome its resistance.

In the following video at about 2:58 they talk about the settings for sanitizing your fresh tank. Is your Nautilus panel similar to theirs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gccxlk_GcKY
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you!!!!! That did it!!!! Why don't they just say that in the manual!!!! Thank you again!
    Brenda

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLK View Post
    thank you!!!!! That did it!!!! Why don't they just say that in the manual!!!! Thank you again!
    Brenda
    Yer welcome. Did you remember to put the screen back the right way 'round afterwards? Otherwise, turning on your pump while dry-camping will pump your fresh tank into your Nautilus bay and onto the ground. Just one of the ways to create your own adventure with one of these trailers!

Welcome, and consider joining the forum in preparation for your next out-of-the-manual adventure. Happy travels.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time dump what ever amount of bleach you deem necessary into the hose before you hook it up to the fill location and as you turn the hose on, the bleach flows into the tank.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem with my 2019 momentum g25. My system is different then in the video. I need a pressured water system where the hose is attached and the valve says for city water or fill water tank. no gravity fill available. I finally found at camping world a hand pump to add antifreeze to the water line. I put one end of the pump hose in a gallon of bleach water and the other end screwed onto the inlet line. Not sure how to fill the water tank when dry camping as I do not plan to hand pump 100 gallons of water.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Imagine has gate valve underneath and I just open it and let water drain. If you really wanted to be safe add a cup (8 oz) of Clorox, fill tank, let set for 10 minutes and drain and then fill tank again and drain again without Clorox. I usually put very small amount of Clorox into tank (1 or 2 oz) when I put fresh water into tank; I only fill tank about 1/4 full unless your dry camping this is plenty of water in case you need to flush toilet. We us bottled spring water for drinking and campground water for everything else. Always use water filter for campground water, available at RV supplies Walmart.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schoonod View Post
    I have a similar problem with my 2019 momentum g25. My system is different then in the video. I need a pressured water system where the hose is attached and the valve says for city water or fill water tank. no gravity fill available. I finally found at camping world a hand pump to add antifreeze to the water line. I put one end of the pump hose in a gallon of bleach water and the other end screwed onto the inlet line. Not sure how to fill the water tank when dry camping as I do not plan to hand pump 100 gallons of water.
    Hi, welcome. I don't know your trailer, does it not have a Nautilus panel at least similar to this?

That panel includes settings for City Water and Powerfill Tank and you're correct, you need a pressurized source to put liquid into the trailer on those settings.

The Powerfill setting is the answer to your final sentence; place the Nautilus controls in Powerfill positions, attach a garden hose to the input and turn it on. Watch the monitor inside the trailer for your fresh water tank and turn off the hose when it indicates full (as the manual recommends) or as many do just run the hose until water begins running out the overflow under your trailer (if you need a full tank for dry camping). You can also purchase an inexpensive flow meter from Amazon and use that to put more-precise amounts of water into your tank.

I'm going to guess that you know what the City Water settings are for, and that a pressurized supply is attached to the inlet for that.

To feed anti-freeze or a 5% bleach solution into your trailer's water system there is a Winterize setting for the Nautilus panel. It doesn't always work well, but try putting the bottle of solution inside the Nautilus cabinet (rather than down on the ground) to minimize the work the pump has to do to suck solution from the bottle, then turn on your trailer's water pump to suck in the solution.

If it doesn't do it, try taking out the cone screen in the inlet and putting it back in backwards, which depresses a valve in there so the pump doesn't have to overcome its resistance (be sure to put the screen back the right way when you're done). If it still doesn't work try raising the bottle above the inlet, or pouring solution down a hose into the inlet, while the pump is running. If it still doesn't work, you may have to replace the cheap Lippert water pump with a better one. Or use your hand pump.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-15-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast