User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    To feed anti-freeze or a 5% bleach solution into your trailer's water system there is a Winterize setting for the Nautilus panel. It doesn't always work well, but try putting the bottle of solution inside the Nautilus cabinet (rather than down on the ground) to minimize the work the pump has to do to suck solution from the bottle, then turn on your trailer's water pump to suck in the solution.
    Just to clarify the difference between the WINTERIZE and the SANITIZE settings on the panel posted. My understanding is that the WINTERIZE setting will bypass the hot water heater and pump liquid (antifreeze) directly to the fixtures. The SANITIZE setting will draw liquid into the freshwater tank, where one would then switch to dry camping to pump the liquid through the fixtures.

Thus, WINTERIZE would be used for antifreeze and SANITIZE would be used for bleach solution.

All that said, if in a bind and one needed to fill fresh water, one would use SANITIZE. I wouldn't want to totally fill the tank in this manner, but a way to get enough water to flush commodes and wash hands if access to a spigot and hose was not an option.

All of the above my understanding, I am willing to stand corrected by someone that knows better.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to sanitize my water system by modifying the use of the rv antifireeze hand pump system from camping world - it went easy once I figured everything out. I hope the picture attachment worked below -- this is an example of what my trailer water inlet looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-Grand-Design-universal docking station.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	21370

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bottom section is for outside sprayer. The blue handle moves between city water and water tank fill. To the right of the blue handle is the (only) place to get water into the trailer. Higher up is the power shut off for the entire trailer and at the top is a 120 volt outlet (left side) and right side for cable tv/satellite hookup.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Our Imagine has gate valve underneath and I just open it and let water drain. If you really wanted to be safe add a cup (8 oz) of Clorox, fill tank, let set for 10 minutes and drain and then fill tank again and drain again without Clorox. I usually put very small amount of Clorox into tank (1 or 2 oz) when I put fresh water into tank; I only fill tank about 1/4 full unless your dry camping this is plenty of water in case you need to flush toilet. We us bottled spring water for drinking and campground water for everything else. Always use water filter for campground water, available at RV supplies Walmart.
    1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water in the tank. Mix with water in a 5 gallon bucket then introduce into the fresh water tank and fill tank with fresh water. Run mixture through each faucet. Leave in tank for at least 4 hours. Drain refill and flush until no bleach smell at faucets. Less contact time or concentration of bleach can leave "bugs" in the system.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    attached is a picture of what my setup looks like. A valve to switch between city water and tank fill and one (only) water inlet that needs a hose attached to add water into the water tank. Nothing like the above picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-Grand-Design-universal docking station.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	21384

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12