User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Andy, You specifically forbid me to communicate this on your forum, by your own rules. I complied with your rules.
    Understood and thanks for clarifying. Yes, I hope that folks will refrain from soliciting here and visa versa.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Andy, You specifically forbid me to communicate this on your forum, by your own rules. I complied with your rules. "Controlled by Grand Design" are your words . . . not mine. I would strongly disagree with this premise.

Rob
    You are in for a rude awakening if you think a forum that is being designed, financially supported and staffed with hand picked moderators by Grand Design will allow GD owners to publicly criticize build quality or a lack of factory support.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    You are in for a rude awakening if you think a forum that is being designed, financially supported and staffed with hand picked moderators by Grand Design will allow GD owners to publicly criticize build quality or a lack of factory support.
    minnow101 - Do you think that GDRV was unaware of my longstanding criticism (on this forum) of greased brakes, soft hose plumbing, wire routing, gate valve operation, weak suspension, etc, etc . . . when they asked me to assist with their new initiative? My going in position was that I am not going to change my perspective on any of these things or similar new ones that will come along . . . and they are fine with this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kidding, something suspect is going on here. Compensation must be good!

Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks - I have known through the forum and other contacts, Jim and Rob for a few years. It is no surprise that they are incredibly standup guys highly valued and sincerely appreciated by many of us and GDRV. Even though I do not know Howard and Brian that well they seem to be built from the same mold and I have appreciated their forum support. It is also very clear that Chris (previous form owner) has shared many times that Andy is also a standup guy with a great business record.

It is unfortunate that business ventures have rough patches at times. Certainly things need clarity and accuracy and that is important and fine. How this is accomplished lifts the veil about us as people.

As the dust settles over the coming weeks things will be different and evolve, of course. I hope and believe both this and the new GDRV forum will be incredibly successful in their own way. The end game of both is to help GDRV owners; potential owners; and other stakeholders learn and share to have a better experience and create value measured in many ways.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dan and good luck to Rob in your future project. I am one of the newbies that really appreciated your expertise on this forum and I'm sure you will be missed here, but perhaps we can find you in your new location.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rob - hopefully you will still be around. Your advice has been excellant.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Folks - I have known through the forum and other contacts, Jim and Rob for a few years. It is no surprise that they are incredibly standup guys highly valued and sincerely appreciated by many of us and GDRV. Even though I do not know Howard and Brian that well they seem to be built from the same mold and I have appreciated their forum support. It is also very clear that Chris (previous form owner) has shared many times that Andy is also a standup guy with a great business record.

It is unfortunate that business ventures have rough patches at times. Certainly things need clarity and accuracy and that is important and fine. How this is accomplished lifts the veil about us as people.

As the dust settles over the coming weeks things will be different and evolve, of course. I hope and believe both this and the new GDRV forum will be incredibly successful in their own way. The end game of both is to help GDRV owners; potential owners; and other stakeholders learn and share to have a better experience and create value measured in many ways.

Dan

Well said Dan...spot on!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - Thanks for all you have done.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA