User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 297rsts owners in Nashville, TN area?

Hi,
    I am looking to talk to owners of 297rsts in Nashville, TN area. I live in Gallatin, TN and I would like to discuss the truck you used, and more detail on experience pulling the rv. Planning to purchase but have some questions. I also want to know how difficult is it to get space in TN state parks based on length of the RV. I would like to know everyone's experience camping in non-state parks. Do you recommend joining one of the RV groups like Good Sam etc.? What insurance company did you use to insure your RV? Thanks for any replies.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We're not from TN, but from WA and have a 2018 29RS Reflection. Thought I'd give you our experience after having traveled for a total of about 4 months over last 2 years. We LOVE our 5th wheel, and purchased the 29' so that we could get into state campgrounds. Having been long time campers in a pop-up/tents we knew that anything over 30' started becoming more of an issue to 1) find an abundance of spots, 2) competed for the "big boy" fewer spots for Class As++. We just bought a Ford F-350 with trailer package, replacing a 2003 GMC 3/4 ton. The Ford pulls the trailer like a dream...don't even know it's there. The extra trailer package is fantastic, cameras, etc. *Note: We have had 1 issue with truck as it has an "automatic tailgate". Ours (and others) have automatically dropped when driving (slow) or upon exiting the truck (parking lot issue!). Ford is stepping up to replace tailgate, but it did put horrible hole in our battery compartment door of the GD recently...that again, Ford is fixing. Hope that provides a bit of insight. Hope you love your GD and new truck as much as we do ours. Cheers!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking to talk to owners of 297rsts in Nashville, TN area. I live in Gallatin, TN and I would like to discuss the truck you used, and more detail on experience pulling the rv. Planning to purchase but have some questions. I also want to know how difficult is it to get space in TN state parks based on length of the RV. I would like to know everyone's experience camping in non-state parks. Do you recommend joining one of the RV groups like Good Sam etc.? What insurance company did you use to insure your RV? Thanks for any replies.
    We're not in Nashville, but North of Atlanta. We have a 2019 297rsts. I pull it with a 2017 Toyota Tundra and have not had any issues pulling it. Pulls just fine and stops just fine. I don't know about TN, but most of the places we try to camp you have to book out at least a few months in advance. The wifey has looked at a trip to TN, but its always booked out like most places. Camping has become very popular the last several years. I've heard when the economy is good RV sales go up. We don't have any issue finding camping spots with the 34' length. Hope that helps you a bit. Good luck.
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soarvet View Post
    We're not in Nashville, but North of Atlanta. We have a 2019 297rsts. I pull it with a 2017 Toyota Tundra and have not had any issues pulling it. Pulls just fine and stops just fine. I don't know about TN, but most of the places we try to camp you have to book out at least a few months in advance. The wifey has looked at a trip to TN, but its always booked out like most places. Camping has become very popular the last several years. I've heard when the economy is good RV sales go up. We don't have any issue finding camping spots with the 34' length. Hope that helps you a bit. Good luck.
    We are also not from the Nashville area but have not found any issues with the 34' length either. Nice to see another fellow Tundra owner pulling this trailer and not having any issues.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am from Nashville, but an expatriate living 2 hours south where inexpensive homes and property taxes are available on the Tennessee River.

I've never tried to camp around Nashville, but your have a nice campground on Old Hickory Lake before you get to Hendersonville. And if you really want to get away, Henry Horton State Park is 30 miles south of Nolensville, and easily reached by I-840 at the Triune exit. We also like Montgomery Bell State Park on Hwy 70 east of Dickson.

We keep our 323BHS in the North Georgia mountains--in permanent storage at Unicoi Springs. 2 hours south of Nashville, you've got great campgrounds on The River at Guntersville State Park, Joe Wheeler State Park, Point Mallard Park (Decatur), Pickwick Landing State Park, J.P. Coleman State Park and McFarlin Park Campgounds (Florence.) There is never any lack of great campgrounds--and even more with Corp of Engineers and TVA campgrounds not mentioned. Our friend with a motorhome camps all year on one tank of fuel.