User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much gas to carry for Predator 3500 generator

We will be attending a music festival this summer. We will be in the area with no power and will have to run off generator. No problem, we already have a predator 3500 that we carry for emergencies but have never used it for 4 days. I am wondering how much gas to take since it will probably be impossible to leave and refill fuel cans. It has a 2 1/2 gallon fuel tank and I expect that we will only be running the ac at night and recharge the batteries, and of course coffee in the morning. It will probably be off then during the day. Anyone have experience with the fuel consumption of the predator 3500?
    John & Jill
    (5 Dachshunds and 1 confused Pit Bull - Moose, Barney, Spanky, Willie, Guri and Brixx)
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.7L PSD
    Phillipsburg, Ohio, USA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritterjd View Post
    We will be attending a music festival this summer. We will be in the area with no power and will have to run off generator. No problem, we already have a predator 3500 that we carry for emergencies but have never used it for 4 days. I am wondering how much gas to take since it will probably be impossible to leave and refill fuel cans. It has a 2 1/2 gallon fuel tank and I expect that we will only be running the ac at night and recharge the batteries, and of course coffee in the morning. It will probably be off then during the day. Anyone have experience with the fuel consumption of the predator 3500?
    I have a 3500 watt predator that I use with my 2500RL, if I run using Eco mode I can get 10 - 12 hours before I need to refuel depending on how much the A/C runs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YMMV,for me I would plan on a tank a day
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would plan on somewhere in the area of 20 gallons of gas for 4 days. I boon dock for 4 days in the summer. My Predator 3500 used around 12 gallons but we also didn't run it the whole time. I got anywhere from 10-14 hours depending on the load put on the generator. So plan accordingly when using the generator. My friends and I will keep the 20 gallons on hand but we know we don't need all of it unless it gets really hot during the day and night.

Years ago I had 5500 watt Champion for the my trailer. I brought in 40 gallons for that thing. We used close to 35 of them for one weekend alone. It ran day and night. We also had another set of friends bumming electric from it for their pop up. When I got the Predator 3500 Inverter, it was at least half the noise, and easily 1/2 the fuel bill. I will bring up 10 gallons and another friend of mine will bring 10 as well. We know we have more fuel than required. If there is any spare fuel it goes to the truck.

Quick tip on the Predator Inverter Generator. Change the oil prior to your event. I use a full Synthetic 5W30 for the unit. Last year. I did the oil change at 8 and 25 hours. Last year was the first time I had this generator running at this event. I ran it for another 60 hours which worked out to about 15 hours a day. I changed the oil when I got it home. and I still run it on the recommended 20 minutes every month. Seems to be fine with that cycle. So change the oil up before your concert and should be fine. A good Syn oil will be good. My brand was Travellers from Tractor Supply. However for the 5-8 bucks a quart its cheap insurance.
    Last edited by FordmanNJ; 05-31-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't mention where, down south If you leave it off, it's going to be really hot in the RV when your get back and will take hours to cool even with the air blasting. Just something to keep in mind.

If you're up north, maybe no big deal depending on the weather when you go.

Since we are in a hot area I'd just leave it running and be comfortable. Gas is cheap. I'd bring 4 5 gal containers and just run it. Talking $50 for 20 gallons. I'll be comfortable for the weekend for $50.

Your needs may vary.

Either way, enjoy the music festival.

25% load, 11 hours on a tank on your generator.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN