User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post

I'm confident that in the next few years there will be many more "trained" techs out there than there is now. In the mean time, if you're an RV owner they do have a course for RV owners, to teach you everything that you should know about RV ownership/maintenance/repair. If you're interested in info, shoot me a message.
    That really is good news for RV owners. We've been fortunate over the years that I have always been pretty handy and fixed most things on my travel trailers and motorhomes. Also, when we've needed someone else to fix something, I've found some great mobile techs and some good independent RV repair shops.

Maybe the message by folks like Mike Rowe (of Dirty Jobs fame) is being heard. Not everyone needs a college degree and there are many jobs out there for folks willing to learn a trade and work hard. RV and auto techs will always be needed as are those in the building trades.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am doing my part to assist in their closing. I will not spend a dime there. It would be great if someone with integrity bought the business and treated people as valued customers.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpocket View Post
    I am doing my part to assist in their closing. I will not spend a dime there. It would be great if someone with integrity bought the business and treated people as valued customers.
    ^^^ What he said... Spot on..
    Gary & Debbie
    2019 2400BH
    2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4
    No. Idaho

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 100% speculation, but I'm guessing they'll restructure / rebrand under Gander RV. Who knows.. you could eventually see GD in those stores.

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Marcus Lamonis bought in to Tumbleweed Tiny Homes in Colorado Springs (they're now built to RVIA standards and have the seal at the door). We toured the tiny home factory a couple of weeks ago and was told that the deal with Marcus lasted less than a year. His vision was that Tumbleweed would fall in under Camping World as the major dealership network and that Tumbleweed business would then explode in growth. We were told that who ever runs Camping World (the company, not Marcus) didn't want any part of Tumbleweed and at that point Marcus and Tumbleweed parted ways.

I've been monitoring CW stocks for about six months and they've been dropping, fast. I'm waiting to see where the bottom is at? I am curious, with the reputation that the service dept. has, why Marcus hasn't done anything about it.

Having attended RV Maint. Tech training and becoming certified through NRVIA as a Level 2 RV Inspector, I know that the NRVTA (National RV Training Academy) has completed their new building in Athens, Texas. It's huge....holds multiple RVs and even has a cat walk so that the students can be above the roof line of an RV while the instructior is training them. They don't just teach towables, they instruct on class A, B & C motorized units also. All the mfgs. like Dometic, Freightliner, Roadmaster, etc. etc. all send their trainers to this school to train the students in their particular products, etc. The classes have more than doubled in size since I took the training and so they're putting out many more "trained" techs. vs. the guy with no experience being trained by the guy next to him that's been doing it six months longer than the new guy in an RV shop. Even in my class there were a few guys that dealerships had sent to the school for professional training.

I'm confident that in the next few years there will be many more "trained" techs out there than there is now. In the mean time, if you're an RV owner they do have a course for RV owners, to teach you everything that you should know about RV ownership/maintenance/repair. If you're interested in info, shoot me a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    If the certification can become even as legit as ASE, it would be good for the industry.
    I agree with both of you all. The RV Industry knows that they need more techs to help improve customer service. The RVIA is investing heavily in this. I was at the RV Power Breakfast last month in Elkhart and they spoke about this in depth.

As for Camping World, I've heard that Marcus has suggested he dislikes selling RVs but they are a path to selling the add-ons (extended warranties, roadside assistance, etc). If you focus only on money and not on happy customers you will fail at some point. Someone else will focus on the customer and take your business away!
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add to the conversation -

Just back from a trip to Williams, AZ. We met up with sister & brother in law for a week. They called Camping World (in Flagstaff) because they needed to pick up a part for their motorhome.

Couldn't get through on the phone, but when we went there, there was a sign on the door "This location is permanently closed". One of the people working in the service area stopped by and said they just closed "yesterday", but they were still completing any service orders already written up.

I did read that they were going to "focus only on RV sales" in the future. Don't know how true that is.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read they were closing 37 stores but I thought many of them were the new Gander locations where Lemonis was hoping to sell RVs from the retail stores.

Looks like Flagstaff has been there since at least 2013. 2.5 stars with 61 reviews:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/camping-wor...taff-bellemont

Seems like RV parts delivery via Amazon Prime to campgrounds is going to be popular.

If you ever need a great RV Parks company, I would check out RV Upgrades. Bill, the owner is an RVer and they do a great job taking care of their customers.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe several Overtons stores have closed recently as well.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    I read they were closing 37 stores but I thought many of them were the new Gander locations where Lemonis was hoping to sell RVs from the retail stores.

Looks like Flagstaff has been there since at least 2013. 2.5 stars with 61 reviews:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/camping-wor...taff-bellemont

Seems like RV parts delivery via Amazon Prime to campgrounds is going to be popular.

If you ever need a great RV Parks company, I would check out RV Upgrades. Bill, the owner is an RVer and they do a great job taking care of their customers.
    Not from Grand Design. Every time we've needed a part, we've had to "go back to our dealer" for them to order it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12