User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford F-150 V8 vs EcoBoost Towing MPG Test for Fuel Economy

Great video from the guys at Fast Lane Truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgi01ednxXM

For those of you who can't spare 10 mins to watch the video:

5.0 V8: 22mpg unloaded, 9.8mpg towing
    2.7 EcoBoost: 24mpg unloaded, 8.7mpg towing
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi pjmjunior,

I used to have an ecoboost, but it was a 3.5, the larger of the two. Because of the towing numbers, I think most want the 3.5 unless they are towing something really light. I really liked that truck. I think the avg I got towing was 9 mpg, and maybe 17-19 unloaded avg.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 3.5 I got as good as 23 on all highway, I agree with Steve that the 3.5 us the best choice over the 2.7
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting video. Thanks for posting. I'm not surprised at the numbers.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new to a pull trailer I have a F150 3.5 ecoboost . The trailer is a 2670 Mk dry weight 6600 LBS, gross wt. just over 8000 LBS , I have the weight distribution bars and anti sway bar. It feels like the truck wants to wonder to much and I don't like the way the front end feels. The weight that my truck is registered to tow is 12000 LBS . I had the 3.55 rear end and 20 inch tires . but when I am going down the highway it feels like the trailer is too much for the truck or the truck is too light to handle it. I am now thinking I made a mistake and should have gone with a F250. Would appreciate any thoughts on this ./
    Thank you
    Ken C

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 13 F150 with the 3.55 rear end and was pulling a 2670 PassPort. Pulling it home for the first time I had the sway control on the truck kick in when two semi`s passed me on a high wall bridge on the interstate. it was something I don`t want to experience again. The hitch that was thrown in wasn`t setup right and I just didn`t like it. Upgraded the shocks, tires and went with an Equalizer 4 pt. with sway control hitch and it towed so much better. I still noticed that the when I approached anything over 63 mph the trailer started feeling a little loose. The wind resistance on the sail I was pulling I think was the cause. After I found the F250 I wanted once on the interstate I could set the cruise on 68 and just relax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See this related discussion . . . https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...t-enough-truck

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow our 2670MK with a 2019 Toyota Tundra with the tow package. There have been a few posts in here about the tongue weight on the 2670MK being light due to the kitchen being located in the rear of the rig. Haven't had a lot of highway time since we have been camping locally since our axle incident. I know they set the WD hitch up incorrectly because it was too easy for me to place the WD bars on the hangers and when I did it didn't change the height of my front fender like it should have. I bought a tongue weight scale and determined that my tongue weight, with the way I have the rig loaded, is 910 lbs. which I feel is adequate. I have reset the tilt on my WD hitch and will be picking the trailer up on Friday or Saturday and can't wait to see if adding the extra washers has made a difference. I have also added a sway bar and Firestone air bags to the truck. Haven't used the bags yet because I want to make certain the hitch is adjusted properly first. Then I will use the bags to relieve the small amount of squat in the rear end. If this does not solve the light feeling in the front end of my truck and help with the sway then I will bite the bullet and purchase a Propride P3 hitch which several people on here have gone to and swear by. I will keep you informed of my findings.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post
    We are new to a pull trailer I have a F150 3.5 ecoboost . The trailer is a 2670 Mk dry weight 6600 LBS, gross wt. just over 8000 LBS , I have the weight distribution bars and anti sway bar. It feels like the truck wants to wonder to much and I don't like the way the front end feels. The weight that my truck is registered to tow is 12000 LBS . I had the 3.55 rear end and 20 inch tires . but when I am going down the highway it feels like the trailer is too much for the truck or the truck is too light to handle it. I am now thinking I made a mistake and should have gone with a F250. Would appreciate any thoughts on this ./
    Thank you
    Ken C
    That’s exactly how I felt with the same truck and similar trailer. I switched to E rated tires and installed the 5,000 lb airbags. It made a huge difference.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses not sure which way we will go

Ken
    Welland, Ontario

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast