User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joined the cracked rim club now!🤡🏁

So had to take rig back to shop to fix leaking axle seal that had a cut in it, that caused a brake issue on vacation, and subsequent greasing of brake shoes, which was originally replacing the Lippert seals which leaked grease all over 3 of 4 brake assemblies. Keeping up? Now shop called and says there's a crack in one rim! What the?!?!? Blast down to shop and there's cracks in two spokes on the left rear Jaguar style rim. All others ok. My cream puff trailer is turning into a money pit. Sent email to Lionshead warranty department. Awaiting decision. Suppose to leave for Colorado in 16 days. Nobody has stock, yet. Hope Lionhead is forthright about all this. I'll keep everyone posted.

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry your having problems with your rig. Ours had a bad axle right out of the gate. Pulled our 2670MK to the house from the dealer, then to a local state park, then back to the house only to find out one of my wheels was coming off. Got in touch with GD and they had 2 brand new axles installed on the rig out at our storage lot. Still need to get one of the wheels replaced due to gouging and a couple of other items but not holding my breath waiting on our dealer. Will reach out to GD again next week to find out what is going on. Good luck. Hope you have a safe fun trip to up here.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a wheel leaking from a casting defect (pinhole). I called Lionshead and they emailed me a warranty form to fill out and asked for a photo. I emailed it back and they had a new wheel delivered in 2 days. Tremendous customer service. Good luck with yours.

Safe Travels

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have a copy of the warranty form in my computer still. If you need it PM me and I’ll search for it and forward it to you.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you but I printed out Lionshead and filled it out, took a pic and emailed it with pics. They approved the claim and said they'd ship a rim in 2-3 weeks. Not acceptable. Etrailer has one in stock. So they agreed to reimburse $82.50 for rim plus $30 for any labor. Etrailer wants $102 for rim
    Fair enough. The Grand Design adventure continues. Next issue: low water pressure at the retirement site I bought near Lake Granbury. And weak internet. And...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all-I just left the dealership-without my 2019 Reflection 337RLS. I went in complaining that my trailer brakes werent grabbing like they needed to and was initially told That its my trucks braking system. Well it turns out 3 out of the four grease seals failed and it was a mess. Left the trailer at the dealership while they try to get the warranty to cover the repairs. Reading this thread, and others, Im thinking I need to have dealership ensure my axles are good too. Have any of you had issues with warranty kicking in? Ive owned this trailer for less than 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UNBELIEVABLE!!! On a 2019 model??? Didn't GD change axle manufacturers to correct this problem???
    You should not have any warranty issues. If so PM me - Since warranty adjudication was my job at one time I will unleash the hounds to take care of my fellow GD owner!!
    Trip to Colorado actually went issue free - except I had to come back to do that work thing which gets in the way of my camping career!!!!! ��
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My folks had a cracked rim on their '19 381 momentum as well. Grand designs has been easy to work with through the warranty claims, but jeez i feel bad for what they have gone through.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindies9 View Post
    Hi all-I just left the dealership-without my 2019 Reflection 337RLS. I went in complaining that my trailer brakes weren’t grabbing like they needed to and was initially told That it’s my trucks braking system. Well it turns out 3 out of the four grease seals failed and it was a mess. Left the trailer at the dealership while they try to get the warranty to cover the repairs. Reading this thread, and others, I’m thinking I need to have dealership ensure my axles are good too. Have any of you had issues with warranty kicking in? I’ve owned this trailer for less than 6 months.
    I have heard tell of great dealers and not so great dealers. Try calling GD Support directly and explain your situation.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread has been sleeping for awhile...but...we just picked up a new Solitude from dealer. After maiden 2.5 hour voyage home I noticed one of my tires has excessive amount of oil fluid over it. Certainly appeared to be something other than “armor all” put on the tires for that shiny new look! Hoping I don’t already have a problem...
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast