Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No power to appliances

I pulled my camper out off storage and plugged it in. My fridge, the lights turn on, the microwave, radio, and fireplace all do not turn on. None of the breakers have tripped the fuses are fine as well. Where do i go next? Please help i am a newby at this and there isn't a dealership around for 300 miles!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroh18 View Post
    I pulled my camper out off storage and plugged it in. My fridge, the lights turn on, the microwave, radio, and fireplace all do not turn on. None of the breakers have tripped the fuses are fine as well. Where do i go next? Please help i am a newby at this and there isn't a dealership around for 300 miles!
    Hello,

What's the model of your rv?
    How are you plugged into power?
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it's all your AC powered stuff. I see no breakers tripped, but are they in the ON position? Have you verified your power source is actually providing power wherever you plugged it in (you didn't say if it was at home, campground, etc)?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Sounds like you're not getting AC to the unit. If you have a voltmeter you could check the voltage where you plugged it in. If it's an outside receptacle it may have corroded during the winter. My first outing last year I had no neutral. It was the receptacle. All I had to do was remove the plug and reinsert it a few times to clean the contacts. My EMS showed me I had an open neutral.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroh18 View Post
    Hi, sorry if this seems insulting but you said "newby" so I thought I'd clarify what the other helpful posters above have told you by inference:

The microwave and fireplace that aren't working for you require 120-volt plugged-in power from an external source. Ditto for air conditioning. They won't run off the 12-volt battery in your trailer, but the fridge and lights and fans will run (for a while) off the battery without plugging in your trailer.

Plugging the trailer into a power source will recharge the battery as well as let you run those two appliances (and air conditioning). If the requirement to plug in is a major disappointment to you, you can find advice here about installing additional batteries and an "inverter" that will let you run the appliances without plugging in to external power.

Your radio not operating may be something else, because it should operate on 12-volt power. Maybe double-check the breakers and fuses again and if all is fine there pull the radio out and check its connections.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-01-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch