User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the dealers suggest turning off the propane when travelling to avoid litigation if a fire or risk of due to a propane leak caused by a pinched or leaking propane line. Could have been a motor vehicle incident.
    Many RVers do run with propane on to keep the fridge cold. I think it depends on the time on the road and the ambient temps. If temps are in the mid 60’s and 70’s, and road time is under 6 hours or so, our 6 cubic foot freezer/fridge keeps everything cool with the propane off. Another thought is where is the direct sun? If the RV wall where the fridge is is exposed to direct sun, effects on fridge content will be greater than if the fridge is in the shade of the RV.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on Channelview RV. We've been doing business with them 35+ years. Family owned and operated.
    I have never turned my propane off in 35+ years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! We are also 28BH owners, also from Houston, and also now full-time! Currently in Montana (Yellowstone/Glacier area). Let us know if you have any questions!

To answer your question about hitches, we use the Andersen Ultimate system and are happy with it, though of course there are many other good options too! Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123