User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Filter stop Ecoli??

We just bought our first ever RV. 2019 Solitude 377 mbs. We got to our R.V. Park. We were hooked up to water for about 24hrs. We were told that the water well was contaminated with e-coli. The owner is bleaching/cleaning the water supple. I have 2 questions. (Rv is equipped with a water filter)
    A) is our water in the Rv safe to use?
    B) Will the bleach/cleaning the water system damage our water filter? Thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends on your filter, but probably not - well lets say don't take the chance. As to the second question it depends on your filter about bleach affecting it. In a nut shell probably not as most city water contains chlorine. I would sanitize everything in your trailer system for at least a day and use bottled water until you can get to good water supply.

It would help to know the specific brand and model of your filter to give you a better answer.

Hope the helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its reverse osmosis, perhaps. If its just a sediment filter, then most likely no. Regardless, I wouldn't chance it.

I'd make sure that everything was sanitized really well and change my filters before drinking the water. When it comes to poop water, I'm not taking any chances and I don't want E-coli growing on any of my filters.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jscott23 View Post
    We just bought our first ever RV. 2019 Solitude 377 mbs. We got to our R.V. Park. We were hooked up to water for about 24hrs. We were told that the water well was contaminated with e-coli. The owner is bleaching/cleaning the water supple. I have 2 questions. (Rv is equipped with a water filter)
    A) is our water in the Rv safe to use?
    B) Will the bleach/cleaning the water system damage our water filter? Thank you
    I use this water filter system for drinking water in the stick and brick and just put this into the 297 RSTS. It is rated for both treated and un-treated water from rivers and lakes. Here are the specs on it.

Traps and kills
    > 99.99999% harmful bacteria (such as E. coli and other bacteria that cause water-borne diseases like cholera, typhoid, dysentery etc)
    traps > 99.95% cysts (e.g. Cryptosporidium, Giardia – that cause intestinal infection)
    reduces > 95% lindane (common pesticide)
    reduces chlorine, taste, odour
    filters sediment, dirt, rust, silt as small as 0.3 micron absolute

Here is the web site. http://rainfresh.ca/product/water-fi...itor_12294_tab

I don't fool around with drinking water. Been lots of cases where someone wasn't doing their job, even city water supplies, or something happened and a lot of people got really sick and died. This will prevent that.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada