User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a Bakflip on my Superduty shortbed.
    It’s a hard shell 4-piece folder that can take 400 lbs of weight. I’m 250 and stand on mine to wash the trailer front cap.
    I’ve had it about 2 1/2 years and it’s still perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2598.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	20511

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm researched many different covers last year for my 2018 SuperDuty. I was leaning towards the ReTrax but with Minnesota winters the canisters are not necessarily the best choice. I had an Access cover on my 2015 and was fairly happy with it but the vinyl only has a shelf life of about 5-7 years. I looked at the BAK products but the BAKflip blocked the back window. I finally came across a 20 year old company who has been OEMing covers for the automotive industry.

After a year of use, I could not be happier with my choice. 450 lbs. of weight, hard cover that locks and opens at both ends. This opens up to allow the use of the 5th wheel hitch and doesn't block the rear window.

https://www.foldacover.com

They were priced between the soft tonneau and the hard covers. It was easy to install myself in about 2 hours.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My Bakflip doesn’t block my back window when I’m towing my fifth wheel, why would it block yours?

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have a Bakflip on my Superduty shortbed.
    It’s a hard shell 4-piece folder that can take 400 lbs of weight. I’m 250 and stand on mine to wash the trailer front cap.
    I’ve had it about 2 1/2 years and it’s still perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2598.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	20511

We have Bak Flips on my wife's F150 and I had one on my F150 and we've been extremely happy with them. I just traded for an F250 and am picking up a Bak Flip MK4 today for it. I like the fact that the last fold will clear the fifth wheel hitch and not block the window.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend an Access Lorado or Truxedo model that mounts between the bed rails to maintain access to the stake pockets. Good value for the money, easy to remove if needed and light weight.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    I recommend an Access Lorado or Truxedo model that mounts between the bed rails to maintain access to the stake pockets. Good value for the money, easy to remove if needed and light weight.
    That's an excellent point. The Retrax Pro MX that I have also has the bed stake cutouts.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    My Bakflip doesn’t block my back window when I’m towing my fifth wheel, why would it block yours?

If you don't mind measuring, what's the height of the stacked cover when it's folded? We're concerned about height being an issue when making tight turns backing up with the 5th wheel, especially in uneven terrains. Currently we barely have 6" between the pickup bed and the fifth wheel when riding level. When we hit dips we've seen the front dip pretty low close to the pickup bed. The Bakflip would probably be our first choice if we don't have to fold it against the window while pulling the 5th wheel.
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL, 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    That was my concern. I have been looking more st the covers that lay flush with the bed and leaves the pockets available. I am also thinking of an aluminum rack that gives me tie down points for cargo on top the cover and possibly a light weight kayak or inflatable?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the BakFlip and I am very happy with it. It comes with straps so you can open just one section, or two, and strap it down and you can drive that way. Or you can fold it all the way up and it has arms that holds it in place, it does block the back window though but that is fine for short trips. What I really like is if I need the entire bed the system can be removed in just a couple of minutes. It is held in with two knurled knobs in the corners by the cab. Just remove those and you can take the cover off of the truck. It is easily removed by one person, not very heavy. The only thing I would have done differently now that I have had it a few years is I would have spent the extra money and got the fiber one. Mine is the aluminum one and they will dent when caught in a Texas hail storm. This is their website https://bakflip.com/ I think mine is rated for 300lbs but the premium ones can hold 400lbs. I also like the fact that when it is closed your items are secured as long as your tailgate locks. They are worth checking out.

Dale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150812_175839 - Copy.jpg  
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    We are looking at bed covers for the 2016 f-150 6 foot bed.

I originally thought a cap wold be best, but after falling into the YouTube rabbit hole, it appears there are strong arguments for a tonneau covers.

Anyone with experience using both? Why did you choose the one over the other?

We are leaving June 16 for South Dakota and would like to have something covering the bed when we put the generator in the back.

Thanks

Tim & Melissa
    Hi Tim & Melissa, I originally wanted a cap but the truck would not fit in the garage, too tall. I went with a full metal retractable and love it, I had one on my F250 and now on my GMC. it keeps everything dry, secure and out of site. I chose the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit with the Explorer rails upgrade, it was one of the few on the market that would accept their lumber rack system or THULE & YAKIMA systems so you could keep the bed covered and still haul a Kayak or Bike or lumber. Not a cheap investment, around $1900.00 but very high quality and works perfect. If you order I suggest you go online to the manufacturers' website and call, they gave me additional discounts because I asked. Good luck! Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast