User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m towing a 290BH with my F-350 short bed. I have the turning point feature engaged using the stock wedge with my B&W companion. It’s a great set up, easy to unhitch & hook up.

I considered a different hitch with a slider but found it won’t work using the gooseneck ball & they didn’t offer that particular hitch with Ford puck compatibility (Blue Ox super slide) I’m glad I passed on it since the B&W has been a breeze to use, positive engagement & I can hook up even when I’m not straight on since the turning point will swivel so the jaws line up.

I have zero sway with my set up, I read a few comments that there may be sway with the turning point but I can’t say that those comments came from an actual owner of a turning point. Every comment I’ve seen from actual owners has been as positive as my experience, so glad I didn’t listen to the internet “experts”
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Hitch only way to go

Quote Originally Posted by dneisner View Post
    Going to pick up our new 290BH on Monday. Anyone pulling a 150 series with out a slider hitch and locking out the turning point pin box? Tow vehicle is a 2018 F250 short bed 6.75' I have been spec'd out with a curt 16K hitch that is fixed. Wanted to see if anyone was towing a 150 series 5th wheel with the turning point fixed on a non-slider hitch.
    We use the Anderson Hitch and love it no sway no noise when starting,backing,turning and only weighs 55lb complete and rated 25000 lb it also sets back 4 inches from center no need for a slider hitch ,I used to use my tractor with a sling to unload my old hitch or take it apart piece by piece ,they come 2 ways for rails or plucks my new truck had the plucks and the hitch only cost $725 was looking at the B/W at $1500 glad my neighbor showed me his.We have a 2500 Dodge meg cab cummings and 2018 GD 29RS.
    Last edited by curtist1; 06-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a 351M with a short bed RAM Tradesman 2500. Have the BW Patriot with a Reese Sidewinder. Moves the pivot point to the pin box so I get 90 degrees with no issue.

Was not crazy about slider shifting the weight behind the axle nor the manual or automatic slider mechanism.

So far it has proven to be a good move. Rides great and have not experienced any sway issue when traveling at highway speed. Also have not found it to be hard to hook up.

Recommend you purchase the lock out kit for use when you need to take to dealer for repair.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Ultimate hitch

Going to pick up our new 290BH on Monday. Anyone pulling a 150 series with out a slider hitch and locking out the turning point pin box? Tow vehicle is a 2018 F250 short bed 6.75' I have been spec'd out with a curt 16K hitch that is fixed. Wanted to see if anyone was towing a 150 series 5th wheel with the turning point fixed on a non-slider hitch.
    I tow a 29RS with a CHEV 2500HD short bed and use the Anderson Ultimate hitch. If you haven't seen one, it essentially puts a "pyramid" in the bed secured to a ball in the bed (like a regular goose neck) and extends a second ball up higher to which the trailer is secured. It requires a small modification to your trailer hitch (easily done) and including having a ball put in your truck bed has cost equivalent to or less than a regular fifth wheel hitch. I put mine in when I first bought the trailer and called Grand Design first to see if this would affect my warranty. Grand Design knew about Ultimate hitches and it does NOT affect your warranty. It connects easily to the trailer and because it's a ball hitch handles very well on even roads (truck can lean one way and the trailer another). I have pulled about 18K miles with it without a problem. The entire set up only weighs about 50 pounds and is easily lifted moved or reinstalled meaning I don't lose the bed of the truck. I purchased mine through Amazon because my local dealer did not have it in stock at the time. The dealer did the initial set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 150 Series 230RL towed with a 2017 F-250 short bed. I have the same hitch you have set to pivot. I have not experienced any sway. I have to be pretty close to straight on to hook up but only due to my dropped tailgate clearance to the rig. The Turning Point hitch works very well for me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

reflection 150 series 290BH with short bed f250 setup question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12