Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reflection 150 series 290BH with short bed f250 setup question

Going to pick up our new 290BH on Monday. Anyone pulling a 150 series with out a slider hitch and locking out the turning point pin box? Tow vehicle is a 2018 F250 short bed 6.75' I have been spec'd out with a curt 16K hitch that is fixed. Wanted to see if anyone was towing a 150 series 5th wheel with the turning point fixed on a non-slider hitch.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why play with fire?

Most trucks set up a little differently, so what works for one person may not work for you.

The Turning Point hitch works well, use it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huntr70 I intended to go with the turning point set up to pivot....then I started to read about it not being as good a tow as a conventional pin box. Have you had any sway issues towing with the pin box set up to pivot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dneisner View Post
    huntr70 I intended to go with the turning point set up to pivot....then I started to read about it not being as good a tow as a conventional pin box. Have you had any sway issues towing with the pin box set up to pivot?
    I agree with Hurtr70, The turning point hitch works great, no sway issues, very maneuverable, see my signature
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I have an 8ft bed, so I keep it locked out.

I've never heard any complaints about the Turning Point or the Reese Sidewinder (same principal).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the B&W manual slider on my short box F350 with a 260RD. I have yet to need to slide it back. The only situation where I would need to at this point is backing up and turning sharply. When only going forward I can go to full lock on the steering and not even come close to the cab. The driveway to my mountain property requires me to make about a 230 degree left turn in a pretty small cul de sac and I have no problems making it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to pick up our new 290BH on Monday. Anyone pulling a 150 series with out a slider hitch and locking out the turning point pin box? Tow vehicle is a 2018 F250 short bed 6.75' I have been spec'd out with a curt 16K hitch that is fixed. Wanted to see if anyone was towing a 150 series 5th wheel with the turning point fixed on a non-slider hitch.
    Hello ,

I have this same set up except I have a Husky fixed Hitch. It is a 2019 F250 6.75 bed with a 150 series 290BH 5th wheel. I am using the turning point feature on the king pin. So far I love it. I did a 5 hour trip to the beach and back with no sway. A couple key points.

1) Make sure your Curt hitch works with the turning point. I read where the puck for the turning point does not work with certain hitches. Curt was one of them. The puck is the part that stops the hitch from turning at the king pin.
    2) Also make sure they remove the fix bolts if you are using the turning point feature. If you don't it will damage your hitch and your king pin.
    3) Make sure the puck is installed correctly. Technicians are not always familiar with this type of hitch set up. I had too much slop in the set up at the dealer and it was hard to back up. I now know how to set it up properly.
    4) My puck works but I am looking to have a custom puck made so that the fit is event better. It will make the set up easier.
    5) Check your emergency brake wiring. I had mine pull out when I made the first turn. You loose your emergency brakes and they can short out causing the brakes to lock up.

I am not trying to scare you about the turning point. You just need to know possible issues that can come up.

Dan.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Dan. I also read about using a curt block, and that the one that comes with the turning point doesn't work. I already contacted the dealer about this and was assured that they will be setting it up with the curt block.
    How touchy is the hookup when not perfectly straight? Where I park it might be a little off line of straight when I go to hook up. I have been pulling a TT for several years and I am looking forward to the better tow with the fifth wheel setup.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Dan. I also read about using a curt block, and that the one that comes with the turning point doesn't work. I already contacted the dealer about this and was assured that they will be setting it up with the curt block.
    How touchy is the hookup when not perfectly straight? Where I park it might be a little off line of straight when I go to hook up. I have been pulling a TT for several years and I am looking forward to the better tow with the fifth wheel setup.
    I have had no issues hooking up the camper. It is so much easier than the Travel Trailer. The turning point self straightens. I heard of issues with the automatic sliding hitches if you are not aligned correctly. I have had no issues with the turning point. You can push the turning point to one side or the other if needed. The last camp trip I pushed it under the camper so you are less likely to run into it.

Dan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have the same truck and a slider hitch that I’ve never needed. I just hit 8,000 miles of towing this rig full time across 10 states. I wish I had gotten the smaller fixed B&W hitch instead.
    My turning point is also locked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast