Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting a TV in the kitchen Solitude 375 RES

In the kitchen on the living room side, there is a structure with two upper cabinets. Between the two cabinets, there is a duplex and coaxial cable outlet as a rough-in for a 32” TV. The space is 34” wide but the backer stud is NOT at 17”. It is at 19” from left side. The mount has to be of the single-stud variety but those that I have seen center on the stud which will make the TV hang off-center. Anybody with any ideas???

I love the Grand Design product but you have to wonder which rocket scientist back in Indiana thought that this makes sense. How difficult would it have been to place another stud directly in the middle of the space?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are all kinds of mounts, including single swing arms that should work.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started the thread after having googled “single-stud TV mount.” I checked Amazon. I found nothing. You almost have to have a room full of mounts and check them out individually. Not wanting to be a snot, “should be able to find one” doesn’t really help.

Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a 375RES and installed a tv in the buffet area you are talking about with a tv mount from Home Depot, it was a just a straight bar with the mating component installed on the tv. We found the single stud, but installed some screws along the bar for more stability. The tv we installed was light as a feather, so weight was of no concern.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flintstones...

Thanks for pointing me in a helpful direction. I’ll go down to HD tomorrow.

Fred

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgjog182 View Post
    I started the thread after having googled “single-stud TV mount.” I checked Amazon. I found nothing. You almost have to have a room full of mounts and check them out individually. Not wanting to be a snot, “should be able to find one” doesn’t really help.

Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?
    I'm pretty sure there is a full backer behind the paneling, so it really shouldn't matter.

I will check with our Rep to confirm.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 375, there is no backer board of any substance. It appears to be luan or some type of thin plywood. There is one stud, 19” from the left cupboard. I spoke to someone at GD who was notably unhelpful. He said that the space was not for a mounted tv only for a tv on a stand. I wish I had the president’s name and address.