Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankd View Post
    I will monitor this setup every few hours to see if anything changes

Thanks
    Sounds like a plan.
    Maybe a cord connection was a bit loose.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I checked the the 30a outlet at the house and the 2 30a extension cords

I get 120v between hot and Neutral (white). I get nothing from ground to neutral and I get 120v from hot to ground.

I also tested the 30a to 50a dog-bone and it appears fine too

I decided to hook everything back up as it was yesterday to see if I still had the error. Now there is no error. Go figure

I started the main A/C and it works. The voltage on L-2 is 117v and the amp draw is 13a. L-1 is also at 117v and the amp draw is 3a

Now I’m even more confused. I will monitor this setup every few hours to see if anything changes

Thanks
    Good you have all normal readings and everything is now working. Only a 3 volt drop with AC Running is also good.

I use this adaptor at hoe to connect to my 30 amp 240 volt 4 prong dryer outlet to my 50 amp RV cord. It works great and allows me to run 2 AC units since each AC is on separate legs. ACWorks makes some very well built products.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It provides L1, L2, Neutral and Ground properly to the 14-50R side of the adaptor. It gives me twice the capacity that a 30 amp. 120 volt RV plug supplies.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I checked the the 30a outlet at the house and the 2 30a extension cords I get 120v between hot and Neutral (white). I get nothing from ground to neutral and I get 120v from hot to ground. I also tested the 30a to 50a dog-bone and it appears fine too I decided to hook everything back up as it was yesterday to see if I still had the error. Now there is no error. Go figure I started the main A/C and it works. The voltage on L-2 is 117v and the amp draw is 13a. L-1 is also at 117v and the amp draw is 3a Now I’m even more confused. I will monitor this setup every few hours to see if anything changesThanks
    @huntr70's advice that you're losing voltage in the long length of cables you're using is worth remembering. A dip or brown-out in the supply from your utility would be even worse by the time it got through all that cable. Even if it's good cable, and some sold in camping stores are not. If there's a chance of getting the trailer closer to your supply you may avoid not only another event, but also damage to your trailer's equipment.

Re: air conditioning, a number of people here have reported that running it on high is less efficient than running it on low. They report better cooling performance on low. We've always followed that advice so I can't say we've proved it, but it works for us.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess if I read his post more clearly that would have made sense.

So much for answering questions before the first full cup of coffee.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Guess if I read his post more clearly that would have made sense.

So much for answering questions before the first full cup of coffee.

Mike
    That's why I didn't reply late last night, brain was too tired.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12