User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e track bolted into the frame?

I pick up our new Momentum next weekend, and I will be installing e track in the garage. Has anyone bolted it directly into the frame or do most folks just use a ton of wood screws down the length of it? I will be hauling dirtbikes and a golf cart. Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e track bolted into the frame?

I don’t have E-track. Still use the traditional tie-downs, but those - as well as my chock - are bolted to the frame. I would definitely want to do the same where possible w/ the track. YMMV

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use e-track. I lag bolted into the floor with 1.25” lag bolts every third hole. 5 years and 10’s of thousands of miles hauling 2 big bikes. Zero issues.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed airplane type L-track mounted with a washer and lock nut every hole to either the wood floor or to the frame outriggers. I mounted two 72 inch tracks 8 feet wide (about 1/2 inch from side wall). Works great to strap down golf cart and other large items. I also use this track to hold two motorcycle wheel chocks. I mounted two Harbor Freight wheel chocks to a 2.5 x 2.5 x 96 inch aluminum angle. The angle bar is mounted to the L-track with threaded studs. I find the L-track to be as strong as E-track but with a smaller foot print on the floor. Very versatile.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MN_Rider; 06-15-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    MN_Rider

2019 354M Momentum
    2013 F350 CCSB 6.7

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    I use e-track. I lag bolted into the floor with 1.25” lag bolts every third hole. 5 years and 10’s of thousands of miles hauling 2 big bikes. Zero issues.

Big Mike
    I did basically the same thing. I used three of them - one up front, one in the middle, and one toward the rear. This lets me use wheel bonnets made for e-track to secure just about anything. Our RZR800 never moves when it's back there. I can lay the carpet down over the e-track back there and it works fine too when the ATV is out.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. I put our golf cart in yesterday. I definitely need more flexibility in tie down locations.
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2019 Momentum 381