Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any equestrians? Or boaters?

I enjoy horse back riding and my husband and I boat together on lake Charlevoix

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple horses on our Ranch/Farm. We have a small cow/calf operation. One is a 2 year old filly that I have been training. She is the reason I got back into horses, I thought I buried my last horse 15 years ago. On rainy days in the shop I started watching Craig Cameron and Chris Cox shows and decided I had one more horse in me at 68 Yrs. Then she needed company besides me (followed me every where I went and had her head in next to mine on everything I worked on) so I picked up a 15 YO gelding. As far as the boating we have a pontoon at our cabin at Table Rock lake down by Branson west, Mo. Here she is last Christmas just before we went to Florida with the 5th wheel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-12-22 14.27.38.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	20431

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmix View Post
    I enjoy horse back riding and my husband and I boat together on lake Charlevoix
    Boating? . . . See this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...514#post180514

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a tri-toon we use at our seasonal lake in Northern California. We got lucky and just scored a private inside storage for it so we won’t have to make two extra 7 hour trips each year getting it to the lake and back.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My other pastime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F4826C46-AF22-46AF-B1AB-43D255EDFC75.jpeg   7A465943-6AF0-48FB-8466-FC0AE0EAF2EC.jpeg  
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are long time aviators and love horses. Our friends have 9 horses and 2 nice mules.

Last year we finally bought a cabin at the very remote gated community, https://www.ihammock.net/ Hunt and Riding club. It’s 3,600 Private acres of which 2,600 acres is a preserve where you can ride and hunt. It also has a sanctioned outdoor rifle and gun range, skeet shooting, swimming pool, fitness center and lodge that serves food on weekends.

Prior buying the cabin we owned a vacant lot at the community that we camped at in our Reflection. We have been visiting this location for over 30 years by our private plane since it also has a nice 3000 ft grass runway.

I can’t ride anymore because of a back problem but my wife still rides. She rides our friend’s horses and mules often.

Here’s a picture I took a few weeks ago looking out of our cabin backyard when our friends and their grandkids came to visit on their horses.

Here’s a picture of my grandson enjoying the horses and mules.

Here’s a picture of our Reflection on our vacant acres. We had a great well for water and 50 amp electric on the temp power pole.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have had boats for the past 26 years. We traded a 34' Sea Ray for a TT that we traded in on a 2020 2450RL. It feels very strange not having a boat even stranger not having a boat at our local marina. We are very good friends with our marina owners and will spend time Rving with them. For 11 years in a row we travelled from Lake Simcoe to the North Channel. The Baie Fine was a favorite destination National Geographic once published that the Baie Fine was one of the top 10 best places to boat in the world. Spending 50 days on the boat was our longest trip anchored out in secluded areas in the North Channel made our switch to an RV easy. Having to fix a toilet anchored 25 miles away to the closest port and careful monitoring of battery use, fresh water and the black water tank use are things we won't miss.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I just sold our 56' Carver and purchased our 375RES - going to dry land based travelling for awhile as we spent the last 16 years boating Lake Ontario, the Trent Severn Waterway and Georgian Bay.