User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this was the right move.

Hello all. Feeling a little disappointed with our most recent purchase of the reflection 312. Among a number of things are most recent disappointment is dealing with our fresh water capacity. Our first trip out we ran short on water. It caught me by surprise luckily I had extra containers and was able to supplement water. Once I got home I connected a water meter to a hose drain the tanks filled from empty and was only able to put in 44.5 gallons of water. All over the manufacturer's list and specs it says 60 gallons of fresh water. 60 gallon freshwater. How is it that I can only put in 44.5 gallons? I'm at a total loss. Any help would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the water heater capacity counts as part of the capacity, not sure how big yours is. I know you dont have a 16 gallon water heater, so something is still a little off. Do you fill the tank until the level indicator says full or until water comes out of the vent? I know the high level reading on the tank is below the actual top of the tank. I can still add more water after I've reached full before it overflows, I've never measured how much though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thanks for the quick reply.

So my understanding is that there is supposedly a 60 gallon fresh tank and then a 6 gallon water heater, that would give me a total of 66 gallons. This is how it works in my last two coaches as well. Just not as much water. When I do fill up I initially filled until I saw the light read full at which point there was 38 gallons of water in the tank. I then let it fill until water came out of the blue overflow tube and at that point I stopped it and it reads 44.5.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-02-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I dont have a positive answer if the WH counts or not, either way, I wonder if your overflow line was installed in the wrong part of the tank or if they installed the wrong tank. I suppose the only answer to either of those questions would be to drop the coroplast and take a peak down there. Hopefully someone else can give you a better idea, but that's my suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Grand Design website, my Solitude 373FB-R has a fresh water capacity of 93 gallons. The detailed spec sheet lists the capacity at 81 gallons w/o water heater. I have a 12 gallon water heater so in my case they included the water heater in the total available fresh water capacity. I suspect they do the same with all models. That would mean your Reflection 312BHS trailer has a 54 gallon tank since it has a 6 gallon water heater. I can't explain why you can only put 44.5 gallons in your 54 gallon tank. Sorry.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my understanding that the listed capacity includes both the fresh water tank and the water heater. I is also my understanding, as a result of testing done by a member of one of the GD facebook pages, that there are 6-8 gallons of unusable water due to the location of the pump intake hole on the tank. So your results sound about right given those factors.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a bit more inspection and thanks to the members of this forum I think I may have uncovered the problem. In the specs they list the fresh water @( 60gallon ⁴) the ⁴ indicate that some units built before 12-1-18 only carry 52 gallons. That would make a bit more sense. 6 gal with a 45 gallon fresh water tank. This is more of a problem for my dealer then GD. There was a mix up at delivery. We ordered a coach with theater seating and they tried to give us a coach with a couch instead. They said that they would swap out the seats and everything else would be the same..... however this is obviously another consequence of our dealership not doing their job. They have been so disappointing to say the least. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    After a bit more inspection and thanks to the members of this forum I think I may have uncovered the problem. In the specs they list the fresh water @( 60gallon ⁴) the ⁴ indicate that some units built before 12-1-18 only carry 52 gallons.
    I saw that footnote as well. But, it says ("Imagine and Transcend only"). You have the Reflection 312BHTS, correct? If so, this shouldn't affect you.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree but seems to be quite a coincidence. I'll be in touch with dealership first thing and will update. Thanks again for all of the helpful points of view.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a Reflection 312bh 2019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast